The Rose Woman
Love and Liberation
105. AI and the Average Jane: Your Best Ally Ever, or Existential Threat to Humanity?25:11Join Christine in this solo episode as she shares her thoughts on the recent emergence of Artificial Intelligence (AI) and its profound impact on our lives. We can't ignore the important issues at play: the ethical dilemmas we face, the potential biases, and the responsibility we carry. Tune in close as we embark on this quest for understanding more about AI.In this episode, we cover:Examples of efficiently using AI in daily lifeComparison with the Google search engineDifferent AI apps that are availableIssues surrounding AIThoughts on the future of AIWhat is Transhumanism?In dealing with AI Helpful links:ChatGPT4 - an artificial intelligence chatbotPiel - skin cancer detection appPerplexity.ai - Perplexity gives you instant answers and information on any topic, with up-to-date sourcesKomo.ai - AI search engineMidjourney - a generative artificial intelligence programThe Creative Act: A Way of Being by Rick RubinThe Theory of the Leisure Class by Thorstein VeblenThe seven stages of the AIpocalypse by Tam HuntMark WhitwellA.I. Poses ‘Risk of Extinction,’ Industry Leaders Warn by Kevin RooseFind Rosebud Woman on Instagram as @rosebudwoman, Christine on Instagram as @the.rose.woman, and on Tiktok as @therosewoman108.Listen, Like, Share & Subscribe on Apple Podcast | Google Podcasts | Spotify | Youtube
104. Talking Tantra with Tantric Sex, Love, and Relationship Coach Lauren Searles52:00Today, we are joined by none other than Lauren Searles. Lauren is a certified Tantric Sex, Love, and Relationship Coach, Yogini, Healer, and Erotic Writer, residing amidst the breathtaking beauty of the Hawaiian Islands.With over 15 years of hands-on experience as a sacred sexual healer, her intensive study of Tantra led her to India where she was initiated into the Sri Vidya lineage. Her teachers include Psalm Isadora, Christopher Wallis, and Paul Muller-Ortega. Lauren is certified through the Tantric Institute of Integrated Sexuality with a 800-hour Sex, Love and Relationship Coaching Certification via Layla Martin. Although she specializes in men’s sexuality and empowerment, it is her life’s passion for all humans to thrive in love and to have authentic, soul-satisfying connections, but most importantly to be at home within themselves. In this conversational and accessible episode, Lauren provides valuable insights, techniques, and practices to help us deepen our connection with ourselves, our partners, and the universe. We cover:Tantra and Neo-TantraSelf-love practicesWhat happens in a traditional neo-tantra containerDefining boundaries and responsibilitiesSigns that someone is over their limitThoughts on working with menCultivating play in daily lifeFinding your teacher...AND MORE Helpful links:Lauren Searles - a certified Tantric Love Coach, Heartbreak Healer, Yogini, and Erotic Writer living in Los Angeles, California.Follow her on Instagram @loveangelcoach and Facebook @loveangelcoachingSundari GardensAbraham HicksLayla MartinPsalm IsadoraDevi PuramChristopher Wallis aka Hareesh - scholar-practitioner of Classical Tantra Paul Muller-OrtegaSteven Louis Carter Margot AnandSky Dancing TantraChristopher TompkinsShiva ReaPeter A Levine, PhDFind Rosebud Woman on Instagram as @rosebudwoman
103. Adventures in Embodied Truth with WomanSpeak founder KC Baker46:52Welcome to today's episode where we are joined by KC Baker founder of WomanSpeak, an international organization of women’s speaking circles around the world. She’s a women’s thought leadership & public speaking trainer and a speechwriter. Throughout this episode, KC shares her journey and unique approach to supporting women in finding their authentic power, connecting to their divine essence, and overcoming shame, fear, and self-doubt.She has spoken and taught her unique body of work at the United Nations in Switzerland, was an advisor on Authentic Communication for Senator Hillary Clinton’s 2016 presidential campaign, and has supported women in speaking on stages like TED, Bioneers, the American Heart Association, Wisdom 2.0, and Emerging Women. She is also a mama, a stewardess of sacred land in Sedona Arizona, and a deep lover of nature. If you're looking for ways to connect to your feminine wisdom, enhance your self-expression, and step into your authentic power, then you won't want to miss this inspiring conversation with KC Baker.In this episode, we cover:What is the origin story of WomanSpeak?What is the difference between KC's approach and traditional public speaking coaching?The caress of breath practiceThe primal fear of being seen and finding internal safetyWhat is fertile listening?The evolution of WomanSpeak through the yearsSample of a typical local group sessionThe velvet flow and female Qi Gong explainedKC's present projects and initiativesHow are we related as an individual and as a collective?Helpful links:KC Baker - Founder of WomanSpeak. Check out her Instagram @Kc.baker and Facebook @kcbaker007The Metier of Blossoming by Denise LevertovLisa Betts-LaCroix: Artful AgingEpisode #88: The Embodied Crone, Polarity and Archetypes with Lisa Betts-LaCroixChantal Roelofs - WomanSpeak Circle LeaderFind Rosebud Woman on Instagram as @rosebudwoman, Christine on Instagram as @the.rose.woman, and on Tiktok as @therosewoman108.
102. Ecology, Consciousness and Enchantment, with Tam Hunt47:07Today’s guest is Tam Hunt, a lawyer by day, writer, and scholar by night. He works in green energy policy and is also an Affiliate Guest in Psychology in the META Lab at UCSB, where he studies consciousness. He is developing on a General Resonance Theory of consciousness, which is slowly gaining notoriety in academic and popular circles. We discuss philosophy, consciousness, and how it resonates and relates to us in our daily lives. In this episode: -How are philosophy, nature of consciousness, and environmentalism related?-Animism and Panpsychism-Eco, Ego, Eros: Essays in Philosophy, Spirituality, and Science-Hawaii and Tropical worldviews -Hopi Worldview and shifting languages structures-Process philosophy-Application of the worldviews discussed-Thoughts on the emergence of Artificial Intelligence Helpful Links:Tam Hunt - Lawyer by day and writer and scholar by night. Follow him on Facebook for updates on his new bookThe Mind's I: Fantasies And Reflections On Self & Soul by Daniel Dennett and Douglas R. HofstadterGödel, Escher, Bach: an Eternal Golden Braid by Douglas R. HofstadterCharles EisensteinThe Culture of Counter-Culture: Edited Transcripts by Alan WattsEco, Ego, Eros: Essays in Philosophy, Spirituality and Science by Tam HuntLanguage, Thought, and Reality: Selected Writings of Benjamin Lee WhorfShapeshifters: A History by John B. Kachuba Sundari Writers Day: Writing from the Body with Christine Marie Mason and Tam HuntFind Rosebud Woman on Instagram as @rosebudwoman, Christine on Instagram as @the.rose.woman, and on Tiktok as @therosewoman108.
101.2. BONUS EPISODE: Body Love Special! Transforming the Body Relationship: Body Love Journal Launch12:10Today, we love to introduce to you the NEW *2023 Edition* Body Love Journal from @rosebudwoman Are your beliefs about your body helpful? Did you choose them or were they given to you? I invite you into a structured nine-week journaling process, beginning with intention setting, moving into seven themed weeks of inquiry, and closing with integration. Each day includes a journal prompt and a checklist of self-love and self-care suggestions.Become content with the body, enjoying it and treating it right because it’s how you’d treat anything you love. Without body anxiety, mind space is freed up for a hundred other potential activities. One thing is true: bodies are miraculous. Our polymorphic diverse embodiment constitutes the beauty of the human species.Unhelpful beliefs can be unwound.The inquiry questions in the new journal are designed to help evoke and examine the cultural beliefs we’ve inherited about the body. They are questions about sex, shape, size, function, illness, and aging. About who your body belongs to, and who can make decisions about it. About what it can eat or drink or ingest. What medical procedures are allowed and disallowed—even about how your body should be dressed? We ask things like: “Is your body here to please others?” “How is a person's body related to a person’s worth?”Body Love Journaling, and the suggested self-care practices in the checklists, are designed to support a reintegration: a restitching together of the body, mind, and spirit.Thank you for considering this practice for yourself and as a gift to others.Love,ChristineIn this episode, we cover:What to expect in this 2023 editionJournal's outlineSuggested self-care practicesWhere to buyHelpful Links:BUY the NEW *2023 Edition* Body Love JournalBUY the Anoint Body Love Gift Set *Featuring Revised 2023 Body Love Journal* - This set contains our Anoint Nourishing Body Oil, our Perfect Skin Brush, and our newly revised 2023 hardcover Body Love Journal in our Limited Edition Cotton Zipper Pouch.Find Rosebud Woman on Instagram as @rosebudwoman, Christine on Instagram as @the.rose.woman, and on Tiktok as @therosewoman108.Listen, Like, Share & Subscribe on Apple Podcast | Google Podcasts | Spotify | Youtube
101. The Right to Leave, Aggressive Exes and Gracious Endings32:28When we fall in love, we often believe our relationship will last forever. Except sometimes it doesn't go well and breakups happen.Today we’re going to talk about what to do when you think it's time to end your relationship--your right to leave. You may be in a relationship that has been on for a long time and you have kids, but it's very difficult for you to communicate it or accept it. We will be sharing some references along the way for further reading.This episode may be hard for some of you who are currently going through a breakup. Always remember, you're not alone!In this episode, we cover:The reasons for ending a relationshipSensory Addiction and overcoming itWhat to do to move forward gracefullyBiological DetoxWhat to do when ex-partner is vindictive and abusiveCo-parenting your childrenThe concept of Karma TheoryThoughts on Self-care, forgiving, and free will Helpful Links:In Praise of Their Divorce by Tony HoaglandNVC Academy by Dr. Marshall B. Rosenberg Anatomy of Love by Dr. Helen Fisher.Science of Relationships by Gary W. LewandowskiThe Relationships And Motivation Lab by Eli J. FinkelBooks by Bella DePauloThe Fight for Privacy by Danielle CitronBooks by Dr. Brian H. SpitzbergSocial and Emotional Development:by Dr. Karen H. Rosen
100. Call the Midwife! Holistic Care Models53:56Hello and welcome to our 100th episode! Whether you’ve been listening since episode one, or if this is your first episode, we are so grateful to everyone who’s come along on this journey with us. To celebrate this week, Allison Tartari of Tourmaline Collective will join us to discuss the power and importance of education and community gathering to assist women in their pregnancy journey. Allison found her way to midwifery care through the pregnancy and birth of her fourth child. She knew she wanted to help support women during pregnancy and avoid the unnecessary interventions she encountered with her other children. She became passionate about educating families on other, safer options for birth. She became a D.O.N.A trained doula. Out of this passion for holistic, integrative healthcare Tourmaline Birth and Wellness Center was born.Their goal is to make midwifery care accessible to all women no matter their background or financial status and to educate the community on the benefits of midwifery care. Let’s dive in!In this episode, we cover:What do midwives do and what is the support they give?What is the cause behind the postpartum wave?Advantages of getting support from a communityThe Ideal birth team and ExpectationsSelf-care as a ceremonyIn creating your birth plan and planning aheadBox for Loss and other initiativesWomen's rituals and coping with postpartum depression or miscarriage. Helpful Links:Allison Tartari - Licensed Midwife and founder of Tourmaline Birth and Wellness Collective.Thrive Wellness Collective - a 501c3, strives to make midwifery and holistic healthcare accessible to everyone no matter their economic status. Donate to help provide prenatal-postpartum services to women that deserve and desire this care. Box For Loss - came together organically as a way to support women through miscarriage & pregnancy loss. We the product details hereFor updates follow them on Facebook @tourmalinecollective and Instagram @tourmaline_collective Find Rosebud Woman on Instagram as @rosebudwoman, Christine on Instagram as @the.rose.womanListen, Like, Share & Subscribe on Apple Podcast | Google Podcasts
99. My Little Yoni: Changing the Body Story for Our Girls with Ariel Saint White36:16This week on the Rose Woman Podcast, we welcome Ariel Saint White, Founder of My Little Yoni (the world’s first vulva superhero!) Ariel's vision is to break down taboos and give parents & kids quality, body-positive education. Her 10-book sex education series has been featured in Entrepreneur and is lauded by parents as a solution to making ‘the talk’ easier and more approachable.Whether set on the stage, a wall, the screen, or the page, Ariél’s art focuses on the themes of eros, female sovereignty, and connecting with nature in the technological age. So Listen in and learn more about My Little Yoni!In this episode, we cover:What is Yoni?What we can learn from the Dutch sex education curriculumMy Little Yoni’s design explained and the YoniverseOn opening conversations early about sex educationYoni Magic book seriesImportance of ConsentControversial topics, inclusivity, and honoring motherhoodProjects and Initiatives Helpful Links:Ariel Saint-White - Founder of My Little Yoni, the world’s first vulva superheroFollow on Facebook and Instagram @mylittleyoniYoni Magic: 10 Book BundleThe New Birds and Bees: Teaching Kids about Boundaries and Consent (2018)13 Essential Sex Education GuideMind ValleyPeriod.orgThe Floating Poem, Unnumbered by Adrienne Rich Find Rosebud Woman on Instagram as @rosebudwoman, Christine on Instagram as @the.rose.woman, and on Tiktok as @therosewoman108.Listen, Like, Share & Subscribe on Apple Podcast | Google Podcasts | Spotify | Youtube
98. Predictable Narcissism; The Loving Game; Reweaving the Web44:31On today's episode of the Rose Woman Podcast, Christine will share with us her thoughts on narcissism and stories about living in a community. A narcissist's sense of own specialness isn’t just normal. The problems start when people go beyond usual and become addicted to feeling special. Let's dive deep into this topic and explore more about understanding narcissism and empathy.In this episode, we cover:Hierarchy in a CommunityThe 8 Principles Common in Healthy Family SystemsThe Loving GameToxic individualism and narcissism Kinds of narcissismOn looking at oneself to connect with othersHow to develop Empathy Helpful Links:Sundari Gardens - a farm, community, and residency practicing leadership for a New Earth. Check out @sundari_on_hawaii on Instagram and @sundarigardens on Facebook.Apply to be a resident hereFind Rosebud Woman on Instagram as @rosebudwoman, Christine on Instagram as @the.rose.woman, and on Tiktok as @therosewoman108. Listen, Like, Share & Subscribe on Apple Podcast | Google Podcasts | Spotify | Youtube