Transforming Relationship with Emotional Savvy
Love, Lust & Love-Bombing! How to Tell the Difference to Stay Safe GUEST: Dr. Terri Orbuch
Never mistake love-bombing for love!
Never mistake lust for love!
Great advice for dating! Today's episode with Dr. Terri Orbuch is SO important, especially when you're dating. And, even more especially if you're dating after leaving a difficult, or toxic, relationship. You need to know these distinctions so that you feel more confident in the dating scene.
The big question we discuss is "How can you reignite passion in a relationship that has become a little humdrum, and maybe a little too indifferent. You can do it and Dr. Terri gives three surprising, yet simple things to consider...especially her tip about arousal-producing activities and the scientific reasons behind why they work to reignite passion.
Dr. Terri's advice is based on science, or her long-term research project following the same couples over time.
How to reignite the passion in your long-term relationship?
Passion and excitement decline in all relationships over time - it's inevitable. So, when that happens, it's important to practice strategies that can reignite that excitement of passion. We discuss science-based strategies to keep the flame alive!!
In addition, all couples go through relationship ruts - where your relationship becomes habitual, routine or the same old things over time. That's okay. It's part of a long-term relationship. BUT, if couples stay in that relationship rut for too long, boredom sets in, and boredom eats away at the happiness in a relationship. So, we discuss strategies to add things to your relationship so that boredom won't set in.
Dr. Terri Orbuch shares a great tip from her book, "5 Simple Steps to Take Your Marriage From Good to Great.
"Contrary to what you've been told, keeping a marriage successful does not take hard work! Instead, it takes consistent small changes in behaviors and attitudes over time, to create happiness and transform your relationship.
The main reason marriages break up isn't conflict, lack of communication or sexual incompatibility. Rather, it's frustration (that is, the day-to-day disappointment or the gap between what you expect and how your partner acts) that's most damaging."
>>>>> AND, Don't miss all the good stuff at the bottom of this page for you.
ARE YOU--OR, HAVE YOU BEEN--IN A TOXIC RELATIONSHIP WITH A PARTNER, EX, PARENT, OR SIBLING?
Join my OptimizeCircles.com and get the ongoing insights and support you want--safely off social media and it works just like Facebook! Many other free & low-cost resources to help your relationships. All safely off social media, too!
HIGHLIGHTS OF TODAY'S EPISODE:
- How does science-based research into dating and love help?
- Can you learn to trust after betrayal?
- Is it true that the US has a very high divorce rate?
- At what point in a relationship is divorced more likely to happen?
- When excitement and passion decline, does that mean the relationship is in trouble?
- What can couples do to reignite the passion?
- What is the difference between love and lust?
- How is love is different from love-bombing?
GUEST: DR. TERRI ORBUCH
Dr. Terri Orbuch (aka The Love Doctor®) is a world-renowned relationship expert, author, speaker, professor, research professor, marriage and family therapist and media personality, whose practical science-based advice has helped thousands of people find and create the loving relationships they deserve.
Dr. Terri Orbuch earned her Ph.D. from the University of Wisconsin-Madison. She joined the faculty at Oakland University in 1998 and is now a Distinguished Professor of Sociology. She is also a research professor at the University of Michigan Institute for Social Research, and the director of a landmark research project, funded by the National Institutes of Health (NIH), where she has been following the same couples for almost 3 decades. It is the longest-running study of married couples ever conducted in the United States.
In addition, she is a certified marriage and family therapist (MFT) who has worked with individuals and couples for thirty years. She also does dating and relationship coaching with people across the world. She is well respected as a researcher and professor in the scientific world, and is also known by TV, radio, and online fans as The Love Doctor®, a popular relationship expert and advisor.
Dr. Orbuch is widely published in scientific journals and the author of five relationship books, including “5 Simple Steps to Take Your Marriage from Good to Great,” and “Finding Love Again: 6 Simple Steps to a New and Happy Relationship.” Her website is: DrTerriTheLoveDoctor.com
About Dr. Terri
• Featured in national outlets such as, The New York Times, Wall Street Journal, Reader’s Digest, Real Simple, Bride, O, Good Housekeeping, WebMD, USA Today, Self, Women’s Health, Cosmopolitan, TIME magazine and more…
• Appeared on The Today Show, MSNBC, The Katie Couric Show, ESPN, HuffPost Live, CNN, and more…
• Her relationship segments are aired weekly on Fox-2 Detroit Morning News (2005 – present)
• National public television special (PBS), “Secrets from The Love Doctor”
• 2,200,000+ views on her TEDx talk: Lust vs. Love; https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=466&v=Siru3n3zIbM
• 2 best-selling books: “5 Simple Steps to Take Your Marriage From Good to Great” and “Finding Love Again: 6 Simple Steps to a New and Happy Relationship”
• 5 Simple Steps #1 best seller in Amazon for: (a) Marriage and Long-Term Relationships, (b) Marriage and Adult Relationships, & (c) Self Help Relationships
• Hosts an Empower Radio weekly program called “The Love Doctor is IN.” Archived on iTunes, Stitcher and iHeart Radio
FREE GIFT FROM DR.ORBUCH
Not at this time
CONTACT INFO FOR DR. TERRI ORBUCH:
CONNECT WITH DR. RHOBERTA SHALER:
WANT TO ASK ME QUESTIONS AND HAVE DIRECT ACCESS TO ME IN MY SECRET (Off Facebook) GROUPS?
Be first to get my videos. Even, two group Ask Me Anything calls each month.
You can. Join my Optimize Circles! CLICK HERE
And, get my 21 Steps to Empowered Emotional Savvy via email FREE!
Subscribe to Dr. Shaler's newsletter, Tips for Relationships
If you have not worked with Dr. Shaler before, you can have your first one-hour session for only $97.
#drterriorbuch #reignitepassion #sciencebaseddatingadvice #lovebombing #datingadvice
#relationshipadvice #Hijackals #toxicpeople #RhobertaShaler #healthyrelationship #toxicrelationships #narcissisticabuse
#narcissists #borderlines #antisocial #difficultpeople #emotionalabuse #verbalabuse #mentalhealth #emotionalhealth #difficultconversations