Rejuvenaging with Dr. Ron Kaiser
Take Action Today To Ensure A Better Future with Chris Godfrey
As a professional football player, Chris Godfrey's job was to protect the quarterback from the rivals' linemen during pass plays. He would absorb the damage to ensure his teammate's safety, the game's normal flow, and eventually, achieve victory. Time went by, Chris played nine years in the NFL, and when his fourth baby was on the way, he started contemplating not playing any longer. He had no clue what to do; he wasn't sure what path he should follow until someone suggested getting into law school. He would keep on ensuring people's safety, but he would change his protective gear for a suit and a tie this time.
Our guest today, Chris Godfrey, is a former College Football and NFL player. He played for the New York Giants, started in Super Bowl XXI, and was honored as the New York Giants Alumni Man of the Year. Chris is the owner of Godfrey Law offices, a full-service estate planning, and elder law firm, and he is also the founder of Life Athletes. Chris firmly believes that the relationships between men and women stand at the center of everything. He visited hundreds of schools in America promoting Christianity and pro-marriage family values. He is also the host of The Sandwich Generation podcast, where he offers guidance to former athletes and aging people in general about alternative ways of doing things in life.
In this episode, the inspirational Chris takes us through a guided trip throughout his youth years as a professional NFL player, his evolution as a father and grandfather, and the journey that led him to become a lawyer and a guide to former and future athletes. We also talk about the importance of friendship, the reward he got after nurturing human relationships as an athlete, and the vital importance of friendship in life. Chris also explained the advantages of planning and being concerned about retirement with anticipation and much more.
Tune in to Episode 106 of Rejuvenaging, and grasp a bit of knowledge from Chris's approach to proactive thinking about the future.
Some Questions I Ask:
- Can you tell us about your journey and how you took on two challenging professions? (5:26)
- For those of us who don't know, what is elder law? (7:58)
- You're in a field where for your client to win, somebody doesn't have to lose. How did you happen to get into that part of the law? (18:13)
In This Episode, You Will Learn:
- How it was for Chris to get into Law School, what made him decide to start that new path in his life (7:08)
- The real challenge we all have to take care of before we die, and why taking care of it with time offers a broader range of options (9:38)
- Why taking care of our bodies is the best thing we can do to ensure a future without major unpleasant surprises (16:52)
- What is Chris' organization Life Athletes about (20:12)
- Godfrey Law Firm LLC website
- Godfrey Law Firm Facebook
- Godfrey Law Firm LinkedIn
- Life Athletes website
- The Sandwich Generation podcast with Chris Godfrey
Connect with Chris:
Useful Rejuvenaging Resources:
- Website: https://www.thementalhealthgym.com/
- Book: Dr. Ron Kaiser -Rejuvenaging: The Art and Science of Growing Older with Enthusiasm
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- TEDx Talk: Aging Enthusiastically to Make the World a Better Place