Rejuvenaging with Dr. Ron Kaiser
Seeing the Future Through the Present with Ari Wallach
What do you think of when you think about the future? Do you possess a sense of certainty, feeling confident that you know what to expect? If you do, does this bring you a feeling of peace? I think it’s safe to say that none of us know exactly what the future holds or how to prepare for every eventuality that may arise. But what if we could make an educated guess? What if we could paint at least half of the picture, by analyzing the present?
This episode’s guest, Ari Wallach, is a futurist and social systems strategist, as well as the founder and Executive Director of Longpath Labs. Ari teaches long-term thinking and coordinated behavior to individuals and organizations in order to prepare for, and shape, our futures. In this episode, Ari breaks down what a futurist is, the kind of work that he does, and so much more.
Tune in to Episode 158 of REJUVENAGING® and look into the future with Ari Wallach.
Some Questions I Ask:
- What is a futurist? (3:35)
- Are there futurists who are working on things like peace in the world, or climate change? (11:57)
- Do you see futurism as something that will be taught in school? (29:39)
- How does somebody become a futurist? (37:11)
In This Episode, You Will Learn:
- What a megatrend is (4:41)
- How futurists work with their clients (7:56)
- The ways in which we can shift culture (16:31)
- The difference between death anxious and death aware (25:58)
- Ari Wallach’s book: Longpath: Become the Great Ancestors Our Future Needs - An Antidote for Short-termism
- Ari Wallach’s Ted Talk
Connect with Ari Wallach
Useful REJUVENAGING® Resources
- Website: https://www.thementalhealthgym.com/
- Book: Dr. Ron Kaiser -Rejuvenaging: The Art and Science of Growing Older with Enthusiasm
- Email: email@example.com
- TEDx Talk: Aging Enthusiastically to Make the World a Better Place