Rejuvenaging with Dr. Ron Kaiser
Finding a Way to Ease Pain, Move More, and Live Better with Nicole Ludwig
Contrary to what many of us think, physical therapy is not only about recovering from traumatic injuries; a big part of it is about acquiring habits that will prevent us from paying a visit to specialists. Exercising frequently, walking, and moving around are some of the things all of us have easy access to and can make a difference in our lives in the short and long term.
Joining us today is Dr. Nicole Ludwig; she is a Physical Therapist and the Assistant Clinic Director at Excel Physical Therapy and Fitness. She has also taken additional training on pelvic floor health and leadership. Nicole's approach to physical therapy consists of building relationships with her patients and learning what is meaningful to them to understand better how to help them reach their full potential.
In this episode, we talk about what physical therapy is about, how it helps enhance patients' life quality, and the habits the aging population should adopt to experience a painless existence. Nicole kindly explained the difference between physical and occupational therapy, when is the right time to consult a physical therapist, and the leading causes for neck and back pain. We also explore the importance of strengthening our core and the most common misconceptions about it.
Tune in to Episode 105 of Rejuvenaging, and learn more about the simple habits that can save us lots of pain and discomfort.
Some Questions I Ask:
- What does a physical therapist do? (4:24)
- What's the difference between physical therapy and occupational therapy? (10:38)
- Are there injuries that people like me, the aging population, are especially vulnerable to? (20:52)
- What should we do to stay in shape? What do you recommend from a prevention standpoint? (27:21)
In This Episode, You Will Learn:
- What led Nicole into the physical therapy path (5:21)
- The indicative signs that we should seek the help of a physical therapist (13:31)
- Why working on our balance is essential to prevent falls and injuries (21:04)
- The type of exercise we should look for to stay fit and prevent injuries and chronic pain (28:05)
- Excel Physical Therapy and Fitness website
Useful Rejuvenaging Resources:
- Website: https://www.thementalhealthgym.com/
- Book: Dr. Ron Kaiser -Rejuvenaging: The Art and Science of Growing Older with Enthusiasm
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- TEDx Talk: Aging Enthusiastically to Make the World a Better Place