Rejuvenaging with Dr. Ron Kaiser
Debunking Myths Around Hypnosis
Hypnosis often gets a bad rep among different kinds of individuals, and there are several stereotypes around it that fuel people’s fears around trying it to help themselves win the battle over some of their habits or traumas. Some may say it’s demonic, it’s evil, it’s part of the Black Arts, and if you go to a hypnotherapist, they will control you and make you feel powerless.
The truth is, when you’re in a hypnotic state, you’re actually more in control than you are right now, in a normal, regular environmental state of mind.
In today’s episode, I had the pleasure to have Kevin joining me, to share with us what a hypnotherapist does and what are the applications of hypnosis. His mission is to help people help themselves and change anything they want in their life. He debunks some myths around hypnosis and shares valuable information on how it really works and what we can do to make it efficient.
Kevin Stone is a Master Hypnotist and a Board-Certified Hypnotherapist. He is recognized as the #1 global expert and authority on hypnosis and his techniques are sought-after by world and business leaders, top athletes, celebrities, and helps hundreds of people daily to improve their lifestyles for the better. He travels worldwide presenting the funniest full-audience participation live comedy stage hypnosis show, seminars, and lectures in America today, and offers top-notch quality, value, and showmanship in education and entertainment.
Listen to Episode 42 of Rejuvenaging, and learn more about Kevin’s techniques, whom has he been able to help through hypnotherapy, and why it’s better to use hypnosis instead of taking different chemical products to get rid of bad habits. You’ll hear many more interesting topics that will definitely change your perception around this natural modality that can help you change your life.
Questions I ask:
- How did you get to be who you are today and how does somebody decide to be a hypnotist? (04:24)
- What are some of the things that people come to you for help with? (08:21)
- There are different kinds of options to try to quit smoking. How does somebody know whether to just buy the gum or the patch, or come see you? (13:37)
- Does hypnosis have lasting effects or is there a need for recurrent sessions? (21:09)
- Have there been any strange or unusual cases that you can share with us? (23:33)
- Are people in the older age ranges as likely as the younger generation to make positive changes? (33:36)
In this episode, you will learn:
- How Kevin used self-hypnosis to change a lifetime habit of his. (06:30)
- The recommended frequency of going to hypnotherapy when people want to break a habit. (09:43)
- How Kevin’s hypnosis techniques helped a 40-year-old smoker quit his harmful habit. (10:29)
- What hypnosis is & how the advertising industry uses it. (14:54)
- The stereotypes around hypnosis and some myths around it. (17:25)
- How Kevin combines comedy & hypnosis and uses them congruently. (26:58)
- What Kevin does to help athletes and celebrities overcome their fears. (30:48)
- The reason why Kevin decided to do virtual hypnotherapy 20 years ago and pioneered it when everybody thought that couldn’t be done. (40:54)
- A great gift that Kevin has for all the regular listeners of Rejuvenaging. (46:02)
Connect with Kevin:
Useful Rejuvenaging Resources:
- Website: https://www.thementalhealthgym.com/
- Book: Dr. Ron Kaiser - Rejuvenaging: The Art and Science of Growing Older with Enthusiasm
- Email: email@example.com
- TEDx Talk: Aging Enthusiastically to Make the World a Better Place