Rejuvenaging with Dr. Ron Kaiser
Choosing a Better Life with Dr. Timothy Yen
Having dinner with a friend - the CEO of a tech company in Taiwan - Dr. Yen asked her how he could add value and help her team evolve. She replied that assisting them to become better at their decision-making process would add tons of value. As he was working on it, Dr. Yen realized that making better choices wasn't an exclusive problem of tech companies but a human race issue. That was the beginning of a journey that led him to create a framework and write a book about making better choices.
Dr. Timothy Yen is a Psychologist, Life Coach, Author, and Public Speaker. He is also the owner of Timothy Yen, Psy.D. - a professional Psychology Corp dedicated to private practice and coaching.
With his book, Choose Better, Timothy helps people make better-informed decisions, helping them make choices after due diligence, decreasing the chances of regretting some decisions.
In this episode, we talk about Dr. Yen's unique journey into mental health, the origin of bad decisions, and why they are so common among all of us. He also explained the four pillars of his framework to make better choices and help us in our decision-making process. We also talked about feeling regretful of our past decisions, the importance of acknowledging emotions, and adding emotional language to our children.
Tune in to Episode 95 of Rejuvenaging, and find out why Dr. Timothy Yen states that we can learn to make good choices.
Some Questions I Ask:
- Why do people make so many wrong decisions? (3:49)
- Tell us a bit of the framework that you've developed (7:11)
- Is there an ideal place to start to try and be in touch with our feelings? (14:05)
- If somebody is stuck with regrets about a decision they made that they can't take back, what do you have to say to them? (20:37)
- How did you happen to get into this line of work? (25:31)
In This Episode, You Will Learn:
- One of the biggest reasons why people make bad choices (4:13)
- What can we do to improve our decision-making process (6:48)
- The role of courage and regret in how we make choices (11:54)
- Some advice for parents to help their children make better decisions (15:27)
- How bad decisions can help us evolve and make better choices in the future (24:21)
Connect with Dr. Yen:
Useful Rejuvenaging Resources:
- Website: https://www.thementalhealthgym.com/
- Book: Dr. Ron Kaiser -Rejuvenaging: The Art and Science of Growing Older with Enthusiasm
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- TEDx Talk: Aging Enthusiastically to Make the World a Better Place