Rejuvenaging with Dr. Ron Kaiser
Accumulating the Most Powerful Form of Wealth with Fernando Flores
When he was 12, Fernando Flores got hit by a car that broke his femur, forcing him to deal with a screw through his knee for 29 days in a hospital. After that, he spent another seven weeks flat in bed with a cast from his stomach to the ankle. During that time, Fernando cherished movement, and he decided to make health and wellness part of his identity.
However, pursuing his dream of becoming an attorney, Fernando stopped taking care of his health and well-being. After several loved ones died from heart conditions, he decided to get back on track and take care of his health, the most powerful form of wealth.
Fernando Flores is a Certified High-Performance Coach, attorney, author, lecturer, podcaster, and international speaker. He is the Founder of Health and Wellness University, LLC, and he is an expert in occupational burnout and emotional intelligence.
In this episode, we talked about Fernando's extraordinary journey of commitment to reach his best version and helping others to achieve theirs. We also spoke about how and when he decided to commit to himself and how he became his first coaching client. He kindly shared some brilliant insights about emotional intelligence, managing emotions, and identity.
Tune in to Episode 86 of Rejuvenaging and listen to Fernando's masterclass about self-love, acceptance, and awareness.
Some Questions I Ask:
- What's so unique about you, and what makes you different? (4:56)
- Why aren't we just naturally emotionally intelligent? (16:04)
- Tell us a bit of the Health and Wellness University (22:24)
- What advice would you offer to parents who are raising kids? How do we introduce some of your concepts to them? (27:10)
In This Episode, You Will Learn:
- How Fernando learned to detach from his identity (7:12)
- We are not taught to manage our emotions. We can't talk back when we are angry; we can't cry when we are upset (12:35)
- We are emotionally constipated. We forget how to feel emotions (19:23)
- Letting go can help us reach high levels of fulfillment (22:30)
- The importance of being the authentic version of ourselves (29:09)
Useful Rejuvenaging Resources:
- Website: https://www.thementalhealthgym.com/
- Book: Dr. Ron Kaiser -Rejuvenaging: The Art and Science of Growing Older with Enthusiasm
- Email: email@example.com
- TEDx Talk: Aging Enthusiastically to Make the World a Better Place