1. Introduction10:34In this introductory episode, we hear from Adam Mortimer, who administers Trading Standards Checked, about why the scheme was created, how it helps traders offer peace of mind and confidence to residents of Kent and what to expect in the rest of the series.
View all episodes
2. COVID-1921:51In this episode we look at what traders can do to ensure they continue to keep themselves and their customers safe from COVID-19. While regulations are no longer in place, Kent residents still have very real concerns about how the virus can impact them and traders need to be prepared to maintain practice when entering their homes.
3. Consumer Rights36:32In this episode we look at why it’s important that traders have a decent understanding of consumer law as it affects their businesses. Most crucially, we hear from how knowledge of the issues surrounding the three c’s - contracts, cancellations and complaints – can help both your customers and your business.
4. Consumer Vulnerability29:03In this episode we look at the important role responsible businesses have to play in identifying and supporting vulnerable consumers. We learn what makes a consumer vulnerable and why it’s something that can affect all of us, not just those in better recognised vulnerable groups.
5. Consumer Confidence21:24In this episode, we look at the impact of the cost-of-living crisis on Kent residents and what businesses can do to help improve dwindling consumer confidence. At times of economic uncertainty, residents are more exposed to the opportunism of criminal traders and the role of legitimate businesses is more important than ever.