What the Game Industry Looks Like with Kitecaster’s Ed Zitron
In This Episode…
We talk with Kitecaster’s Ed Zitron. This week we take a closer look at the gaming industry. Where it’s going, what messaging mishaps have happened, and how to be a better PR person in the gaming industry.
· [00:40] Are you a coffee or tea drinker?
· [01:10] It seems the gaming was doing better during COVID-19, where do you think the gaming industry is going?
· [05:55] Another example of COVID-19 related delays is Cyberpunk 2077
· [07:55] How do PR pros redirect a negative rumor into something positive?
· [13:26] What Going Gold means
· [14:01] How PR pros better message their games?
· [18:36] Understanding the gaming culture
· [19:25] Personal story about people not understanding gaming culture
· [20:44] How do PR pros take that harsh criticism and make a better product?
· [24:03] What do you think will happen to the industry as a whole if Epic wins their lawsuit against Apple?
· [28:55] What do you think about cloud gaming?
· [33:40] Do you see a decline in gaming media?
· [36:15] Do you see the podcaster, Youtubers, etc. becoming the new gaming media?
· [36:53] If you could create a console what would you have in it?
· [37:44] Final thoughts
People and Companies, We Mentioned in the Show
· Ed Zitron was our guest today. Learn more about Kitecaster.
Episode Length: 39:17
Thanks so much for tuning in. Join us again next week for another episode!
· Listen and subscribe to Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Google Podcast, or your favorite podcast player for free!
· If you enjoyed this episode, leave us a review!
● If you want to get involved, leave us a comment!
● Visit us and give us a ‘like’ on our Facebook page!
● Follow us on Twitter.
Thanks for listening!