The Healthy Side of Healthcare Communications with Pearson Brown
In this week’s PR 360, we talk with Pearson Brown about content, Google Search changes, video, events, social audio, and more! A little about Pearson:
Pearson has more than 20 years of experience in public relations and marketing for companies and clients in a variety of industries, from advertising and media to technology and nonprofits, with a heavy focus on health and wellness. Currently, Pearson is Director of Marketing and Communications for health and wellness advertising agency Abelson Taylor. Previously Pearson served as Director of Communications for Vibrent Health, Vice President of HealthWell PR, Vice President of PMBC Group, Vice President of WorldBed Studios, Director of Technology and Digital Lifestyle for Allison & Partners/Los Angeles, and Director of Health Care for CarryOn Communication.
· 01:06 - Are you a coffee or tea drinker?
· 02:26 - Can you summarize your expertise?
· 03:30 - Have we seen a change in the health and wellness industry?
· 04:59 - What messaging has been resonating with your target audience?
· 07:27 - The snake oil effect? 08:32 - It's all about the wording?
· 09:15 - What has been the most impactful content?
· 10:30 - Internal comms were in the limelight for the past two years?
· 11:56 - What have you seen for video content?
· 13:14 - Do you see a transition from links to quality content?
· 14:37 - Is this Google's way of combating low-quality content?
· 15:14 - How have events changed in your industry?
· 16:53 - Are you going to see events including LinkedIn audio?
· 18:56 - Social audio is a niche?
· 19:59 - Could healthcare brands use short or long videos?
· 20:55 - Fun question: If you could create a health and wellness company, what would you create?
· 23:17 - Where can people find you online?
· 23:31 - Final thoughts
Our Guest Today:
· Pearson Brown was our guest today.
· Listen and subscribe to Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Google Podcast, or your favorite podcast player for free!
· If you enjoyed this episode, leave us a review!
● If you want to get involved, leave us a comment!
● Follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and LinkedIn!
Thanks for listening!