The Changing Media Newsroom with Global Results Communications’ Anne Milo Shanahan
In This Episode…
We talk with our very own Anne Milo Shanahan about how the newsroom is changing. We also talk about journalism, the shrinking newsroom, and the best ways to reach journalists.
● [00:43] Are you a coffee or tea drinker?
● [02:08] What does the journalism industry look like in 2020?
● [03:23] Could the shrinking newsroom be attributed to the public distrust towards journalists?
● [06:36] Has independent journalists also helped with the shrinking of the newsroom?
● [08:00] What are some of the best practices for media outreach?
● [11:06] What’s the best way of emailing journalists?
● [12:20] Is it good practice to read journalist stories?
● [13:13] Should you use email templates?
● [14:22] What are some good tips for pitching to the media?
● [15:24] Do you recommend tools on monitoring the media hits?
● [16:14] How do you maximize the media exposure once you get the media hit?
● [17:19] What are some extra steps to make the media hits count?
● [19:17] How do you further cultivate that media relationship?
● [21:26] Has media outreach expand to YouTubers, Podcasters, and Bloggers?
● [22:33] How has it affect PR pros finding the small or more niche media outlets?
● [24:12] Should PR pros become journalists?
● [26:08] Do you think PR pros will be creating their newsrooms?
● [27:42] What would be your dream client?
● [28:54] Final thoughts
People and Companies, We Mentioned in the Show
● Anne Milo Shanahan was our guest today. Learn more about Global Results Communications.
Episode Length: 31:19
Thanks so much for tuning in. Join us again next week for another episode!
● Listen and subscribe to Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Google Podcast, or your favorite podcast player for free!
● If you enjoyed this episode, leave us a review!
● If you want to get involved, leave us a comment!
● Visit us and give us a ‘like’ on our Facebook page!
● Follow us on Twitter.
Thanks for listening!