The Art of Creating Stories and Turning Fans into Advocates with Martha Garcia
In This Episode…
In this week’s PR 360, we talk with Martha Garcia, Founder and CEO of I Am Collective. She specializes in creating powerful stories that turn customers from fans to advocates. We discuss stories, mediums, analytics, and how to use analytics with your storytelling. Learn about what is important for creating stories and more! A little about Martha:
Martha M. Garcia is many things––a woman of color, an industry veteran, and an intricately layered, fully dimensional human being. Named "Power Women of 2021" by Women's Running, Martha's proven track record traces over a decade of experience in creative storytelling, human-centered brand partnership, and results-driven marketing. Martha has successfully led marketing communications across various global brands, including Teva, Sanuk, Chinese Laundry, and most recently, HOKA.
· [01:16] Are you a coffee or tea drinker?
· [01:28] Any favorite coffee brands?
· [01:48] Can you summarize your expertise?
· [02:36] What makes a good story for PR/Marketing?
· [03:31] What are some ways for PR pros to create stories?
· [04:40] Take you out of the story?
· [05:06] What is some advice for creating stories?
· [06:33] Should PR pros learn how to tell stories in different mediums?
· [07:53] Is it better to network with different departments to try to push yourself?
· [08:59] How should PR pros attach analytics to their storytelling?
· [10:19] What is the “map?”
· [11:25] We need real-time analytics for PR pros?
· [11:42] How do you turn a customer from a fan into an advocate?
· [14:18] PR pros are creating characters out of their brand?
· [14:34] Is this generational?
· [15:47] Fun question: What is your favorite dog breed?
· [16:27] Final thoughts
People and Companies, We Mentioned in the Show
· Martha Garcia was our guest today.
Episode Length: 17:42
Thanks so much for tuning in. Join us again next week for another episode!
· Listen and subscribe to Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Google Podcast, or your favorite podcast player for free!
· If you enjoyed this episode, leave us a review!
● If you want to get involved, leave us a comment!