Navigating the Tricky Waters of Crisis Communications with Molly McPherson
In This Episode…
We talk with Molly McPherson, an APR crisis communications expert, about social media, social audio, audio releases, cancel culture, and more! Tune in to learn how companies can have both internal and external crises and how to navigate crises.
· [01:14] Are you a coffee or tea drinker?
· [01:53] Can you summarize your expertise?
· [03:09] How has crisis comms changed over the years?
· [05:38] How do PR pros manage a crisis for a crowd?
· [07:18] When is it the right time to comment on a customer’s complaint?
· [09:23] Understand who you’re talking to first.
· [10:05] Understand the situation first before name-calling.
· [11:32] How can social media help in a time of crisis?
· [13:36] How should companies deal with political issues?
· [15:53] Can social audio help with managing a crisis?
· [17:38] Should PR pros create an audio release with their press release?
· [18:17] What are your thoughts on live streaming during a crisis?
· [21:26] How can brands minimize their reputation hit during a crisis?
· [23:39] Who will be the person to manage the accountability?
· [25:43] Should brands use employee influencers for accountability?
· [27:46] Can brands have an internal and external crisis at the same time?
· [28:17] What crisis should PR pros be aware of for the future?
· [30:13] Add inflation to the crisis list.
· [31:39] Fun question: Who would you like to interview for your podcast?
· [33:16] Final thoughts
People and Companies, We Mentioned in the Show
· Molly McPherson was our guest today.
Episode Length: 34:56
Thanks so much for tuning in. Join us again next week for another episode!
· Listen and subscribe to Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Google Podcast, or your favorite podcast player for free!
· If you enjoyed this episode, leave us a review!
● If you want to get involved, leave us a comment!
Thanks for listening!