How to Gamify Your PR Strategy with Nicole Lazzaro
In This Episode…
In this week’s PR 360, we talk with Nicole Lazzaro who specializes in the gaming and mobile gaming space. We discuss mobile gaming, ads, gamification, and more! A little about Nicole:
Nicole Lazzaro is President of XEODesign and XEOPlay. Nicole is the leading authority on emotion and player experience, a champion for the people-centric Metaverse, and designed the first iPhone game. With a Stanford degree in psychology, Nicole is the first person to use facial expressions to measure player reactions. She puts her expertise to work designing award-winning XR interfaces for enterprises as well as games at her company XEODesign Inc. Her emotion model The 4 Keys to Fun is baked into the AI for The Sims, inspired IBM emotion analytics, and laid the foundation for gamification. Her clients include Meta, Ubisoft, EA on platforms and games including Myst, Horizon Worlds, Star Wars, and The Matrix.
· [01:01] Are you a coffee or tea drinker?
· [01:14] Any favorite tea brands?
· [01:32] Can you summarize your expertise?
· [02:29] Can PR pros use the four keys of fun to create better strategies?
· [03:54] Making it fun to get people’s attention?
· [05:32] How has gamification changed since you help create it?
· [07:34] What should devs and PR pros understand about the mobile space?
· [11:14] How do we get better ad targeting?
· [13:31] How can PR pros get more attention to their mobile games?
· [17:52] How can PR pros avoid deceptive ads?
· [24:11] Is the mobile space maturing because of AAA publishers getting into the space?
· [29:27] Fun question: What mobile game would you like to make right now?
· [31:18] Final thoughts
People and Companies, We Mentioned in the Show
· Nicole Lazzaro was our guest today.
Episode Length: 34:33
Thanks so much for tuning in. Join us again next week for another episode!
· Listen and subscribe to Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Google Podcast, or your favorite podcast player for free!
· If you enjoyed this episode, leave us a review!
● If you want to get involved, leave us a comment!
Thanks for listening!