How Everything has Changed with Topgolf’s Kara Barry
In This Episode…
We talk with Kara Barry, she is the Head of Communications at Topgolf. We discuss how to be flexible, why everything has changed, how to keep your business in the customer’s mind without being selly, and favorite golf courses!
● [00:46] Are you a coffee or tea drinker?
● [01:10] How has worked in pizza delivery and fast food brands helped you in your position today?
● [02:09] Has external and internal communications been blurred over the years?
● [02:02] Should PR pro write internal comms like external comms?
● [03:02] How has company reputation changed in 2020?
● [03:38] Are some practical ways PR pros can build or maintain that trust?
● [05:15] Should companies start caring about shifts in society?
● [06:45] How have recent events changed the golfing industry?
● [08:19] During the pandemic how did you keep your brand in the customer’s mind?
● [10:57] Did you see benefits to changing your messaging to be more educational?
● [13:03] Were you surprised by the sudden uptick in downloads of your game?
● [14:32] Did most of your communication strategy revolve around the game Topgolf created?
● [17:18] Did you utilize other live streaming sites?
● [19:57] How has the future of communications strategy changed in 2020?
● [21:14] Fun question: If you could golf anywhere in the world, where would it be?
● [21:56] Final thoughts
People and Companies, We Mentioned in the Show
● Kara Barry was our guest today. Learn more about TopGolf.
Episode Length: 23:17
Thanks so much for tuning in. Join us again next week for another episode!
● Listen and subscribe to Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Google Podcast, or your favorite podcast player for free!
● If you enjoyed this episode, leave us a review!
● If you want to get involved, leave us a comment!
● Visit us and give us a ‘like’ on our Facebook page!
● Follow us on Twitter.
Thanks for listening!