Getting a Masterclass in Digital Transformation with Rootstrap’s Patrick Ward
In This Episode…
We talk with Rootstrap’s Patrick Ward about digital transformation. We discuss how important it is for businesses to be more digital, how the sales person is your website, renaming influencer marketing, PR pros having FOMO, content, and looking at PR teams as small media companies!
· [00:43] Are you a coffee or tea drinker?
· [01:58 ] Can you give a brief overview of your expertise?
· [02:56] How important is digital transformation for businesses?
· [05:55] So digital transformation has a long term and short term cost and goals?
· [07:40] Is a company's website the new sales person?
· [10:23] So, should businesses still have a sales team and start cutting back?
· [14:16] Should we rename influencer marketing to platform marketing?
· [17:05] Marketers and PR pro seem to have FOMO when they are not all the platforms?
· [19:27] How do PR pros keep up with all the platforms?
· [23:43] How do you change your boss's mind when they want to be on everyone's platform?
· [27:34] We have not done a good job of defining what marketing is?
· [29:06] What are some tools PR pros should use for digital transformation?
· [32:55] Should companies being thinking of their PR teams like a small media company?
· [35:47] What content should PR pros be focusing on?
· [38:04] Fun question: If you had a tool that easily digitally transitions a company, what would it be?
· [39:05] Final thoughts
People and Companies, We Mentioned in the Show
· Patrick Ward was our guest today. Learn more about Rootstrap.
Episode Length: 41:38
Thanks so much for tuning in. Join us again next week for another episode!
· Listen and subscribe to Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Google Podcast, or your favorite podcast player for free!
· If you enjoyed this episode, leave us a review!
● If you want to get involved, leave us a comment!
● Visit us and give us a ‘like’ on our Facebook page!
● Follow us on Twitter.
Thanks for listening!