Finding Your Hook with Terry Rich
In This Episode…
We talk with Terry Rich about his success in the PR industry, how he got his start, finding the hook, and how to have an open body when conducting an interview.
· [00:44] Are you a coffee or tea drinker?
· [00:51] Do you like the new Diet Coke’s, or the old fashioned ones?
· [01:09] What was your most memorable PR campaigns?
· [09:07] How do you find the hook?
· [12:03] What do most PR pros overlook when finding their hook?
· [14:32] What tactics have you seen work for your own business?
· [15:54] Find an edge but don’t be too clickbaity?
· [16:29] What skills do PR pros miss or do not think are useful?
· [17:53] Be open to suggestions?
· [18:57] Do you think the push for audio and video content diluted PR?
· [20:06] How can PR pros keep their writing strong?
· [21:25] Fun question: Would you rather talk to 5 highly engaged people or 500 not engaged people?
· [22:28] Final Thoughts
People and Companies, We Mentioned in the Show
· Terry Rich was our guest today. Learn more about Terry Rich.
Episode Length: 23:48
Thanks so much for tuning in. Join us again next week for another episode!
· Listen and subscribe to Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Google Podcast, or your favorite podcast player for free!
· If you enjoyed this episode, leave us a review!
● If you want to get involved, leave us a comment!
● Visit us and give us a ‘like’ on our Facebook page!
● Follow us on Twitter.
Thanks for listening!