Discussing the Finer Details of the Podcast Industry with Dave Lee
In This Episode…
On this week’s PR 360, we talk with Dave Lee, Co-Founder of International Podcast Day. We talk about podcasting, ads, YouTube, and social audio. We talk about the mix of the independent and branded podcasts, how brands should look at ads, and starting a podcast.
· [01:26] Are you a coffee or tea drinker?
· [01:49] Any favorite coffee or tea brands?
· [02:35] Can you summarize your expertise?
· [04:38] How popular is the podcast industry?
· [09:44] What should brands know about starting a podcast?
· [13:37] What should brands know about podcast ads?
· [17:05] What’s the most important analytics for podcasting?
· [20:07] How important is YouTube to podcasting?
· [24:06] What’s your opinion on social audio?
· [26:38] How do social audio and podcasting work together?
· [29:09] What’s going to lead us to the next phase of podcasting?
· [31:59] Podcasts and monetizing
· [33:03] A mix of independent and branded podcasts.
· [34:29] Fun question: If you could create a new podcast hosting site, what features would it have?
· [36:48] Final thoughts
People and Companies, We Mentioned in the Show
· Dave Lee was our guest today.
Episode Length: 41:23
Thanks so much for tuning in. Join us again next week for another episode!
· Listen and subscribe to Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Google Podcast, or your favorite podcast player for free!
· If you enjoyed this episode, leave us a review!
● If you want to get involved, leave us a comment!
Thanks for listening!