Delivering Your Message In a Time of Crisis with Lakeland City Commissioner Chad Mcleod
In This Episode…
This week’s episode I am joined by fellow podcaster and Lakeland official Chad Mcleod. We talk about how to get your message out during a crisis and how to use the resources available for you and local governments. We talk about crisis communications, live streaming, and more!
● [01:09] Are you a coffee or tea drinker?
● [02:05] Why did you decide to run for office?
● [06:51] Can you give us a brief over about your responsibilities?
● [08:38] What is the process of writing a crisis plan?
● [10:23] When you’re writing the crisis plan, what officials or agencies do you collaborate with?
● [12:13] Do you have a spreadsheet or document of the media contacts you want to talk to first?
● [13:32] Do you write your press releases before a crisis?
● [14:41] Do you use different mediums to get the message out for different generations?
● [16:23] Do you factor in the different social media templates for the crisis plan?
● [18:50] Do you use different spokespersons or influencers to reach different generations?
● [21:38] How has live streaming playing a part in the overall crisis strategy?
● [23:42] Do you think businesses should be using LinkedIn live more?
● [29:12] Do you think governments are going to use podcasting more for communicating with the people they serve?
● [33:19] Do you think podcasting will be the new “fireside chats?”
● [34:50] What other forms of digital communication have you found effective getting your message across?
● [37:19] How do you combat misinformation?
● [40:22] How do you handle criticism, and how do you go about implementing those changes?
● [42:14] Do you have advice for other elected officials on creating a crisis plan?
● [43:51] Final thoughts?
People and Companies, We Mentioned in the Show
● Learn more about PR & Politics
● Chad Mcleod was our guest today.
Episode Length: 45:08
Thanks so much for tuning in. Join us again next week for another episode!
● Listen and subscribe to Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Google Podcast, or your favorite podcast player for free!
● If you enjoyed this episode, leave us a review!
● If you want to get involved, leave us a comment!
● Visit us and give us a ‘like’ on our Facebook page!
● Follow us on Twitter.
Thanks for listening!