Creating Compelling Presentations with Nils Swedlund
In This Episode…
Presentation is the key to many aspects of a company’s activities. Everything from a press event, to conferences, and funding. We talk with Nils Swedlund about presentations, alternative presentation software, the future of presentations, and presentation pet peeves. If you’ve always wanted to be better at presenting, this episode is for you!
● [01:01] Are you a coffee or tea drinker?
● [01:32] What is your favorite presentation software?
● [02:17] Do you have a go-to video editing software, too?
● [02:55] Do you have any favorite social media tools?
● [03:26] Is Twitter being used more in the B2B sector?
● [04:41] How have presentations changed over the past 10 years?
● [08:27] Would you recommend or use alternative presentation software?
● [09:44] What is your philosophy in creating a compelling presentation?
● [11:45] Seem like in everything in PR and marketing you’ve got to have a plan first?
● [12:35] Do you have any presentation pet peeves?
● [14:23] Seem like a lot of college presentation mistakes still happen?
● [15:14] Do you think presentations will be reliant on motion graphics and videos in the future?
● [16:44] What do you think the future of presentation will look like?
● [18:52] Do you think the charisma of the speaker will be more important than the presentation itself?
● [20:12] Do you think event presentation is important for the booth?
● [21:43] Do you think live streaming will make its way into presentations?
● [23:15] Do you think the convergence of digital media make presentations better, or a bigger headache?
● [24:44] What other social networks will be used in presentations?
● [26:05] Do you think LinkedIn will play a bigger with their added live streaming feature?
● [27:20] Do you think AR and VR will be used in presentations?
● [28:37] We’ll see VR presentation soon?
● [28:45] What do you think marketers can learn from presentations in their overall messaging?
● [30:40] Where do you think social media is headed in regards to events and presentations?
● [31:58] What advice can you give people want to be stellar presenters?
● [33:29] Final thoughts?
People and Companies, We Mentioned in the Show
● Nils Swedlund was our guest today.
Episode Length: 34:51
Thanks so much for tuning in. Join us again next week for another episode!
● Direct Download: Right-click here and click “Save As” for a direct download.
● Listen and subscribe to Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Google Podcast, or your favorite podcast player for free!
● If you enjoyed this episode, leave us a review!
● If you want to get involved, leave us a comment!
● Visit us and give us a ‘like’ on our Facebook page!
● Follow us on Twitter.
Thanks for listening!