Creating an Effective Crisis and Brand Reputation Strategy with Bill Coletti
In This Episode…
We talk with Bill Coletti all about brand reputation and crisis communications. We talk about soft assets and cancel culture while discussing how to effectively manage a crisis. Should you have a hard and digital copy of a crisis plan? How does cancel culture impact a crisis?
· [01:17] Are you a coffee or tea drinker?
· [02:41] Can you summarize your expertise?
· [03:15] How has crisis comm changed over the years?
· [04:42] How does corporate crisis impact a company's reputation?
· [05:55] Is there any way to de-escalate bad brand reputation?
· [07:39] How should PR pros create a crisis plan in a post-pandemic world?
· [09:05] Should you have a hard copy and a digital copy of a crisis plan?
· [10:08] What are some key tips to successfully manage a crisis?
· [11:17] Should we think of brand reputation and crisis management as yin and yang?
· [12:51] How do PR pros manage a good reputation with their customers?
· [14:14] Is there a way to minimize cancel culture during a crisis?
· [16:16] How can PR pros manage the soft assets of brand reputation?
· [18:07] Is there anything that PR pros should avoid when talking about brand reputation?
· [20:14] How do you skirt the line between telling the truth and company’s secret?
· [21:58] How can PR pros repair trust?
· [23:28] Should PR pros add cancel culture to their crisis plan?
· [25:07] What’s the future of brand reputation?
· [27:21] Do you think there will be any impact with Web3?
· [28:48] Fun question: What strategies would you like done away within crisis comm?
· [30:00] Final thoughts
People and Companies, We Mentioned in the Show
· Bill Coletti was our guest today.
Episode Length: 31:01
Thanks so much for tuning in. Join us again next week for another episode!
· Listen and subscribe to Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Google Podcast, or your favorite podcast player for free!
· If you enjoyed this episode, leave us a review!
● If you want to get involved, leave us a comment!
Thanks for listening!