Changing Perceptions with Lisa Buffo of the Cannabis Marketing Association
Lisa Buffo, Founder & CEO of the Cannabis Marketing Association, discusses how she’s working to help the burgeoning cannabis industry overcome decades of misinformation about the product in a highly regulated environment. Buffo also explains the challenges of marketing a product with so many different uses.
- How to change the public’s perception of cannabis in the face of historic misinformation.
- How are states finding their footing as it pertains to cannabis regulations?
- How to target potential cannabis consumers when the product has so many different uses.
- How cannabis marketers can tell a better story about the product.
0:42 Lisa Buffo introduction.
1:50 How is the CMA working to change the perceptions of cannabis?
4:31 Does the CMA educate the public so that individual startups don’t have to?
6:00 How do regulations limit the messaging surrounding cannabis?
7:55 Which states are the strictest and which are the most lenient on cannabis marketers?
10:45 How is marketing cannabis different from alcohol?
13:50 Different use cases for cannabis.
15:30 The push to make medical claims about cannabis.
18:25 How are some businesses missing the point when it comes to marketing cannabis products?
22:00 What will 2023 look like for cannabis marketers?
24:00 Is there any overlap between the cannabis industry and the developing psilocybin legalization movement?
This episode’s guest:
• Lisa Buffo founder and CEO of the Cannabis Marketing Association
Subscribe and leave a 5-star review:
• Join the conversation by leaving a comment!
• Follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and LinkedIn!
Thanks for listening!