Patrick Daly Interlinks Podcast
International Logistics Challenges and Developments for the Future
In this episode of Interlinks we will be talking to Eddie O’ Flanagan, who is an independent international logistics specialist who works with a range of clients such as Ports, Maritime and Logistics providers providing business development and asset optimisation advice on projects both in development and scheduled for completion.
Specifically this includes:
- Providing insight and overview of the industry in general and core interdependencies.
- Introducing, facilitating, and actively supporting companies to engage with industry stakeholders who can provide mutually beneficial partnerships for the medium and long-term.
- Providing advice on how to choose carriers, 3PL providers, and local forwarders.
- Providing advice, insight and help in conducting carrier contract negotiation and identifying potential pitfalls
- Assisting companies achieve landside savings in terms of quay rent, container demurrage, and detention.
Formerly, Eddie was Managing Director of Hapag Lloyd Ireland for nearly 20 years. Hapag Lloyd is one of the major maritime freight carriers operating worldwide. In this interview, we discuss some of the developments and challenges currently being experienced in international logistics and particularly in relation to ocean freight.