OVERFLOW with Kimberly Snider
Never Perfect, Always Blessed with Lesley Forbes
Lesley, a single mom at 18 shares her insight and advice, her fortitude, and her faith in a conversation about self worth, life’s journey and what has made this beautiful woman who she is today. She is the author of the book coming out in 2021: Never Perfect but Always Blessed.
We talk about meditation … and newsflash, it’s hard and it is about our mental talk that we hear in our heads. Lesley offers this wonderful image of a glass of water spinning with debris and particles, like our minds spinning with worries, doubt, upset. She recommends meditation will help us to settle the swirling chaos in our brain. When the particles start to settle in the glass of water (symbolically our hearts and minds) then we are more clear. We can see our impact, our hurt and evaluate. She will insist that we do not allow others’ negative words or energy to impact your positive energy.
How do you respond? Here is one tip, she says: “I stay in my own lane.”
She also recommends EAT, PRAY, LOVE!
We discuss equally how it takes a village, surrounding yourself by a strong community, giving back to your community and equally, having the ability, and the conviction to stand on your own feet, solid in who you are, your impact rather than what others may impose upon you. We discuss self love, being able to forgive yourself, give yourself permission and know that you deserve the time to refuel, re-energize or simply have some “me time!”
I am profoundly thankful to Lesley for sharing her story, inspiring us with her upcoming book, and for using her voice for so much good in the world. Her encouragement to be grateful even during times of darkness or suffering and feeling alone or incapable, knowing with faith that we are on a journey to wholeness. This is your journey, and the universe is on your side.
Connect with Lesley here:
Join the Conversation
4. Gaining Momentum: Listening to Your Body and Living Life in Overflow with Wendy Ng38:45In this episode of Overflow, we are joined by the incredible Wendy Ng, a Dance and Movement Coach who empowers women to live consciously and confidently through mindful movement and dance in her renowned program, Moving into Joy. Wendy's passion for movement stems from her extensive training in dance, Muay Thai kickboxing, yoga, and her background in Kinesiology. By combining mental and physical strategies, she helps her clients shift their mindset, reconnect with their intuition, and build unshakeable confidence.In this exciting follow-up episode, Wendy returns to share her journey since her previous appearance in 2021, revealing how things have changed and offering inspirational advice for women. Listen to hear about:The importance of prioritizing our needs in different seasons of life, allowing us to gain clarity and make meaningful choicesPaying it forward after overcoming her own struggles and how her experience allows her to connect others on their healing journeys and reconnection with their goalsChallenging the conventional notion of success focused solely on achieving goals and shifting your focus to your valuesThe significance of movement in gaining momentum in life by listening to our bodies and understanding what is needed in the momentValuable insights and advice for today's high-achieving womenTune in to this episode of Overflow with Wendy Ng to gain invaluable wisdom, discover transformative strategies, and be inspired to live life in overflow.ResourcesAudio Book Recommendation: https://www.audible.ca/pd/B08MWTF8ZK?source_code=ASSORAP0511160006&share_location=player_overflowConnect with Wendy:Website: https://www.thewendyng.com Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/the_wendyng/ Let’s connect!Website: https://peoplebrain.ca/ Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/overflow_podcast/ LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/kimberly-j-snider/
3. Promises, Passion Projects & Picture Perfect Pet by Cierra Campeau47:00Welcome Cierra Campeau, step-Mom, dog-Mom, International Best Selling author (and Top 100 Overall Books on Amazon.ca) of children’s book, Picture Perfect Pet. A rhyming children’s book that makes you laugh and teaches such an important lesson for kids about social media, pet adoption, and to listen to your heart not your likes! This episode may cause you to burst open your heart and declare your wishes to create some accountability to fulfill those promises you may have made to yourself and your legacy. Cierra shares her story, her career path, skills and growth, as well as the story of these folded up pieces of paper tucked away for 2 years… and how she is making her own dreams come true. Have you thought about what makes you happy? What made you happy as a child? And what might you rekindle today? Have you lost yourself caring for others, determined in your career with to-do lists and family obligations? Looking back on one year – did you choose to simply exist? Or did you choose your lifestyle, your priorities (and promises made!) to take action to be the best version of yourself and know with passion, what you have to offer in your lifetime? Join our conversation today and take notes! Cierra will recommend carving out “me” time so you can show up as your best self…. whether that is bubble baths, eating chocolate cake, working out, having a real authentic conversation with a friend, or literally taking a nap! …whatever it is that energizes you so you can show up as your best self as often as possible and fulfill those promises that might be hidden away, waiting to be unleashed. Make a wish. And then … make a promise (to yourself!) Connect with Cierra today: Website: https://www.pictureperfectpetbook.comInstagram: https://www.instagram.com/pictureperfectpet.book/LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/cierra-campeau-6ab80542/ Let’s connect!Website: https://peoplebrain.ca/Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/overflow_podcast/LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/kimberly-j-snider/
3. Get Your Shift Together with Kelly Wand33:51Welcome Kelly Wand, Spiritual Alignment Coach Solution & Clarity Sherpa Energy Mechanic to OVERflow the podcast. Let’s talk about how she dove deeper into her thoughts, her ideas, her strengths and moreover how she shifted from taking her own life obstacles (as well as todays or someone else’s bad day projected onto her) and shifted to living more joyfully! She will challenge us, and our patterns to be a little more self-aware. Kelly has a real challenge: When we are curious (or nervous)… she challenges us to literally ask your gut what feels right? Listen to first answer and wait for the second one. She discusses mindfulness, stop overthinking, wonders what’s holding us back and inspires us with very simple strategies. So simple… they sound so easy, and they take a little practice. She is a genuine caring person with a direct connection to the universe and it’s message for us… and yet, not here to overwhelm us. She is our energy sherpa and guide to the universe within each of us.Are you ready for this? What are you carrying around… ?What is weighing on you…?… and how might you unload it all? Take a breath. Pause for 5 seconds. Ground the drama and feel the love because your thoughts matter. Are you aware of how you are speaking to yourself? Breathe. Feel better.She is on a mission to empower us to live in our OVERflow… to truly live vibrantly, powerfully and confidently.Connect with Kelly today: Website: https://kellywand.com/Course: Emotional Rescue: A six week transformative experienceInstagram: https://www.instagram.com/magickel_wand/Let’s connect!Website: https://peoplebrain.ca/Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/overflow_podcast/LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/kimberly-j-snider/
2. Becoming The Leader of Your Own Health with Juliana Leamen53:59Welcome Juliana Leamen, founder of Naturally Joyous Inc., a Holistic Menopause Transition Expert, the host of 'Confidence From Within' podcast and author of the book 'Release - A Woman's Guide To Releasing Weight In Midlife Through Becoming Your Body's Best Friend’.She is on a mission to provide a new model of care for weight loss especially for women during menopause transition and post-menopause, what she calls weight release, moving away from the ‘diet mindset’ and helping women find confidence from within.We discuss:· The concept and mindset of “release” and empowering women to live authentically and beyond the chaos and demands of life · Inviting women to role model their strength, achievements and shining their light so bright that other women also stand strong and shine a light on their accomplishments, be proud of their talents, successes and inspire others too!· Vulnerability. The power of pause, reflect, creating a blueprint for their self which aligns with leadership, strategic thinking and Juliana takes (thinking about) self-care to a new levelAnd· Leadership and your big, daring goals! What you REALLY want. Deciding and the inner motivation to achieve those awesome goals!She is an expert in her field. A guide and an inspiration – that is confident YOU have it in you to be the woman you are set on becoming! She can see you’re not here to be average… get her book, indulge in reflection, and turn on that inner drive (you already have) to achieve your own health goals!Connect with Juliana today:LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/naturallyjoyous/Website: https://www.naturallyjoyous.caBook: www.naturallyjoyous.ca/book Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/naturally.joyous/Let’s connect!Website: https://peoplebrain.ca/Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/overflow_podcast/LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/kimberly-j-snider/
1. Sage Advice from a Kind Heart, Brave Spirit, Fierce Savvy Business Woman: Jen Ziegler49:21Brave, bold, fiercely savvy, powerfully calm, family-focused …and a stunningly beautiful and wise woman (and …possibly my new BFF?) Jen Ziegler is a business woman with a successful Real Estate business in Kitchener-Waterloo. She is in the relentless pursuit of her own healing and self-development, challenging herself to grow and equally authentically connect with positive, open people, and celebrate and support negotiating abundance for their future - through real estate. Congratulations on winning the Lifetime Achievement award from Re/max at age 36! A true sage! Jen raises the bar (on herself, her team, women in her community) and she will offer a challenge for you too … about triggers and people who trigger us! Learning and guidance that has influenced Jen, she shares as her best advice for life and in leadership: Take it off your plate! Redefine your own success. Love yourself! Float and see where life takes you! Leaders, invest in the incredible humans around you! Stand on your second mountain – of service. Convert the pain into your gifts. This is life’s adventure! Collaborate with other successful women and celebrate them, let's join together!Could you go bigger? Jen suggests, lean into that person (that inner voice and inside control-freak) and inform her (thank her) and let her know that you trust this next, new adventure. Appreciate the guidance (and fear) then show up, be fearless, step into your awesome strengths and get to the next level! Go big!Connect with Jen today:LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/jen-ziegler-74917846/Website: https://www.jenziegler.comInstagram: https://www.instagram.com/jenziegler.realestate/Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/jenziegler.realestateLet’s connect!Website: https://peoplebrain.ca/Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/overflow_podcast/LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/kimberly-j-snider/
13. Get off the treadmill. TGI-TODAY with Brianne Ligori37:19Are you on the treadmill? Do you need to step off and be grateful for today, find the joy in the moments and path you are on? Thank you, Brianne for joining us today and for your new book TGI Today. Brianne shares her pivotal moment, wondering is this all there is? Here we are living a beautiful life, amazing opportunities and everything on the outside … yet feeling guilty or discontent. She re- calculated her definition of success. Do you need a new formula for joy?Not only is Brianne making choices that bring her joy, living what is right for her, she has written this book to share her effort, reflections, and guide to happiness.OVERflow listeners might be drawn to the Flow Calculator encouraging you to take time to make choices that go “with the flow” rather than constantly on the treadmill. What makes you feel alive, feeds your soul and is more aligned with your values versus grinding, against my flow, and all the “shoulds!” She empowers you to listen the whisper from within pulling you toward your purpose. Pause. Enough juggling, never-ending to-do lists… become aware of what happiness is for you. Follow her breadcrumb exercises to help you recognize your inner calling and happiness-sparking purpose. You deserve joy today.Order her book today, a delicious blend of self-help, inspirational wisdom, curious questions to guide and empower your journey towards the life you love today! Amazon.ca Amazon.com…and she is hosting an event April 9th, 2022: Create a Life You Love in 2022 Summit. Here’s the link to more info and registration: https://brianneligori.kartra.com/page/Qdk49Connect with Brianne today:LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/brianne-ligori-4b65961a/Website: https://brianneligori.com/Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/brianneligori/Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/brianneligori Let’s connect!Website: https://peoplebrain.ca/Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/overflow_podcast/LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/kimberly-j-snider/
12. Live Full Out! Amiga Handle Your Shit with Jackie Tapia38:53Jackie is living her most awesome life! She is the host of the podcast: Amiga Handle Your Shit and she is on a mission empower women to live unapologetically true to filling up your cup so you can pour over to others. Listening to cues from her body’s deteriorating health when she was (truly) not aligned with her best self. She says, she finally faced the challenge of “paying attention” to herself for herself to thrive and listening (trusting) her intuition and divine inspiration as life is happening for her.When she finally said: enough is enough… today she is the happiest person on earth and she is sharing it with the whole world! Can you handle it? Do you need her high vibe and refreshed energy today?Let’s Celebrate Jackie, make a donation to MS Society who’s vision is to create a world free of multiple sclerosis. The Empowered Amigas Movement: · March 18th, 2022 · One day event· Mindset, Money Mastery, Movement· Amazing lineup of beautiful Amigas teaching empowerment, health, wealth in relationships and business too!Live! Live Full Out!Connect with Jackie today:LinkedIn: http://linkedin.com/in/jacqueline-tapia-2924b216Website: www.jackietapia.comFacebook: https://www.facebook.com/jacqueline.tapia.12327 Eventbrite: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/the-empowered-amiga-movement-team-tickets-244606593907MS USA: http://www.nationalMSsociety.org/MS Canada: https://mssociety.ca/Let’s connect!Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/PeopleBrain.OVERflow/Website: https://peoplebrain.ca/Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/overflow_podcast/LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/kimberly-j-snider/
11. Navigating with Charlene Hofstetter32:30Truly grateful to share this conversation today. Please meet my new friend, a brilliant and beautiful woman, Charlene. She is a Human Resources professional, leader and coach … and her life, vitality and philosophy for living in her OVERflow is an inspiration to me! Today, Charlene imparts her career path, choices, values as well as her sense to follow a nudge. She talks about the journey (not an over-night revelation!) towards more self-awareness. Evaluating her own anticipations, beliefs and expectations… her dreams compared to others’ expectations, limits and precedence’s.We talk about navigating: · Balancing priorities (Tip: balance priorities, not balance IT ALL!)· Expectations (both, expectations of others as well as your own beliefs and “programed opinions”)· Self-talk In the grand scheme of things:· What do I really want regardless of the pressure from outside?· What’s truly important to me? · What makes my soul exceptionally happy? Thank you for the reminder to spend some time to assess, let go of old patterns, and other people’s version of happy… today, it’s take time to listen to you heart! I hope you walk away with inspiration and a vision, to listen more closely to your heart. Wonder, what would an OVERflowing awesome life look like for you? Thank you to Charlene for vulnerably sharing her story, struggles, and moreover her growth mindset! Life hack: Listen until the end for a simple idea with a phone reminder that could change your life! … (and a shout out to Jennifer Moss!) A reminder from a friend: Find a way. Figure it out. Stop spinning your wheels. It will work out!Connect with Charlene today:LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/charlene-hofstetter-2203999/Let’s connect!Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/PeopleBrain.OVERflow/Website: https://peoplebrain.ca/Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/overflow_podcast/LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/kimberly-j-snider/
10. Voice for the Soul and Lesley Forbes37:34Welcome back Lesley to OVERflow the podcast!Today, Lesley will inspire us to set our intentions for 2022, list our dreams, miracles and goals for a new year. Equally, Lesley challenges you to create a spiritual list in addition to your professional, career and personal intentions.Congratulations to Lesley who has launched her book: Never Perfect Always Blessed My Journey to Wholeness. These pages are written with passion and authenticity, inspiring hope as well as courage to share your story and bask in your own light, self-worth, and greatness. Time and again, through her life experiences, she assures us that current circumstances, however difficult or dark, do not have to determine the future. We are worthy, significant, and valuable… it’s time to step into your awesomeness! Lesley offers a few simple suggestions how to listen to your voice of your soul:· Be still, quiet the “controlling”· Light a candle, see how the environment transforms the environment· Say your affirmations: “I am … strong… passionate… fun… joyful… grateful… abundant… (rather than the self-judgement, criticizing, verdicts and negative vibes that could be around us.)Look out 2022! She is taking the next steps in her journey, following the book, as Spiritual Coach, Workshop Host and Guide in addition to being a mentor to young women who may be struggling to find their voice, meaning and greatness. If you want to support Lesley’s mission in some small (or big) way, please contact her directly at firstname.lastname@example.org Lesley’s Netflix recommendation: Colin in Black & WhiteConnect with Lesley:LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/lesley-ann-forbes-ctdp-62926716/?originalSubdomain=caWebsite: http://forbesvoiceover.com/Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/voiceforthesoul/Meet me here too:Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/PeopleBrain.OVERflow/Website: https://peoplebrain.ca/Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/overflow_podcast/LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/kimberly-j-snider/