More Than Corporate
076: Life of an Ex-NFL Wife with Angela Marshall
Angela Marshall, is a motivational speaker, professional writer, columnist, bestseller author, creative consultant, ex-NFL wife and business owner of “In Other Words, By Stone.” Also known as “Author Stone,” Angela is an Augusta, Ga., native, entrepreneur and positive words powerhouse that utilizes her personal life experiences of struggle, strength and success to captivate audiences and readers abroad. She speaks with positive purpose and passion to motivate others while encouraging them through challenges. She is also a community advocate, youth mentor and supporter.
Angela resigned from twenty years in the corporate world to embrace the purpose that has pursued her throughout life - to be unmasked, unchained and untamed. She struggled through a lavish but sorely lacking lifestyle as a former NFL wife. That chapter in her life produced the transparency in her inspiring inquiring minds want to know auto-biography, 'Reality to Rags to Riches; The Story and Life of an Ex-NFL Wife." Angela is also a featured author in the “Women Who Lead” anthology that chronicles successful women across the globe.
On This Episode:
- Angela shares how her childhood taught her to be resilient and have thick skin.
- Hear how Angela began developing her own aspirations for the first time after her first marriage.
- Discover the importance of living vicariously through yourself.
- Find determination to keep going.
- Angela explains how she found the courage to share her story.
- "Too many times we treat children as children for too long." – Amber Fuhriman
- "When you take accountability and responsibility for yourself, it frees you." – Angela Marshall
- "Live vicariously through yourself." – Angela Marshall
- "If you're trying to be authentic, you're not." – Amber Fuhriman
- "Fulfillment came when I stopped letting other people validate me." – Angela Marshall
Connect with other incredible people looking to break out of the corporate mindset by joining the More Than Corporate Facebook group: http://bit.ly/2MuWn53