More Than Corporate
043: Vulnerability and Brené Brown
Brené Brown's TED talks have become a go-to resource for your host, Amber Fuhriman. On today's episode, she reviews some key points that have helped her on her journey through life.
On This Episode:
- Amber shares how she was introduced to Brené's work.
- Learn how to combat limiting beliefs.
- Overcome debilitating fear of what others thing, while learning to value the opinions of those who have earned your respect.
- Understand the importance of recognizing the stories your mind is telling you.
- "It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat." – Theodore Roosevelt
- "If courage is a value you hold, getting your ass kicked is a consequence." – Brené Brown
- "We need multiple messengers for the same message."
The Power of Vulnerability – http://bit.ly/2TfvCDb
Listening to Shame – http://bit.ly/2OQo7Us
Brené Brown: The Call to Courage – https://www.netflix.com/title/81010166
More Than Corporate Episode #005 – https://shows.pippa.io/more-than-corporate/episodes/review-of-brene-browns-ted-talks
Connect with Amber and other incredible people looking to break out of the corporate mindset by joining the More Than Corporate Facebook group: http://bit.ly/2MuWn53