More Than Corporate
022: Ken Roberts
Ken Roberts is the owner and CEO of Top Nutrition and Performance – an endurance sports performance center located in Belleville, Illinois. He created the facility after retiring from the US Marine Corps. He retired in 2017 to pursue his Masters Degree and internship to become a registered dietician. During his internship, he completed a Toughest Mudder Chicago, four Iron Man 70.3, a few half-marathons, races, and Iron Man Louisville.He did this all while coaching others and completing grad school. In 2019, Ken opened up his facility and began coaching full-time. He is an elite trainer, personal trainer, track and field coach, triathlon coach, and licensed dietician. His classes include strength training, endurance coaching, and martial arts courses. He is happily married to his wife, Dawn, a retired US Air Force musician. They have three children.
On this episode:
- Ken talks about how joining the Marine Corps saved his life.
- Hear about Ken's experiences in martial arts school and drill instructor training.
- Learn the importance of challenging yourself.
- Discover how to push past failure.
- Ken discusses keys to leading a successful team.
Connect with Amber and other incredible people looking to break out of the corporate mindset by joining the More Than Corporate Facebook group: http://bit.ly/2MuWn53