More Moss to the People
The Inactive Box: How to tame your shadow.
Guest: Gagan Gupta
Title of Episode: The Inactive Box: How to tame your shadow.
Summary of Podcast:
After being made redundant from his corporate career in 2022, Gagan went into a cycle of pain, depression, shame, guilt, fear, loss, negative thoughts and a sense of emptiness.
From picking up fights with co-workers … to researching how to commit suicide… to feeling at peace and in harmony with his life, (after only a few months) … Gagan is now determined to use the powerful techniques he has learned to manage his negative thoughts.
“Negative thoughts don’t deserve a place in our minds”. So right, Gagan, so right!
Guest contact Information:
TAKEAWAY'S FROM THIS EPISODE:
1 Gagan's goal right now is to try to “save one Gagan at a time” from depression, anxiety, the dark places and having very dark thoughts.
2. His shadow message from a young child was “I am not enough”.
3. At the age of 40 he felt he had a hollowness in his heart and his shadow showed him he was an overcompensating workaholic.
4. Gagan went from being a Senior Exec earning $225,000 USD a year for 7 years to being made redundant and wanting to take his own life. He had forgotten who he was.
5. “I’m capable of being enough”.
6. After being in a dark place for 4 months, he chose to return to being a Self Development junkie… like he was when he was 13.
7. Gagan explains his inactive Box and how he uses this to inactivate negative thoughts.
8. Stop listening to the ego, shadow, history. Today he actively chooses to surround himself with 5-6 specific people to elevate his energy.
9. “The more you find yourself the more you serve the world.”
10. Top 2 tips are to journal and express gratitude in your daily life for everything.
Mentioned in this episode:
- Brian Tracy: https://www.briantracy.com/books/
- Jim Rohn: https://www.jimrohn.com/
- Zig Ziglar: https://www.ziglar.com/
- Andrew Carnegie: https://www.carnegie.org/interactives/foundersstory/#!/
- Dale Carnegie: https://www.dalecarnegie.com/en
- Dalai Lama quote read by Gagan. “When the Dalai Lama was asked what surprised him most about humanity, he answered “Man. Because he sacrifices his health in order to make money. Then he sacrifices money to recuperate his health. And then he is so anxious about the future that he does not enjoy the present".- quote taken from Google.
Contact Information for Komeil Asli, Podcast Production Manager: Komeil Asli Freelance Web Designer + Developer. firstname.lastname@example.org