Let Me Introduce You with Jane Milton
Let Me Introduce You to Dr Helene Roberts , FTSE 500 CEO and Listed as One of Cranfield's top 100 women to watch.
Season 2, Ep. 14
Helene is the CEO of Robinsons PLC, one of only 5% of the UK' s FTSE 500 CEO' s who is female .
- When I first met her she had established herself in the packaging industry and was sharing insights about good packaging on a judging panel for food awards.
- For many years she was at M&S latterly as head of food and drink packaging , and she really valued her foundations learned there in ethical supply chains something she has taken with her to every role since.
- She then stepped onto the Supply side and is now using all her knowledge gleaned in retail as the customer , in her role as CEO of Robinsons , to help them keep focused on customer needs.
- Cranfield University highlighted her as one of their top 100 women to watch, she is acutely aware that she is one of a very small number of FTSE 500 female cEO's nd thinks it is important for women to see people doing roles they may aspire to.
- She relishes her role a CEO which allows her to help give opportunities to others in the business and prepare them for roles they will go onto in Robinsons, or elsewhere
- Her interest in people, hearing their stories, how she can help them and help their careers is a common thread in every role she has done and loved.
- If she has any spare time it is spent with her family and dog and she also enjoys running and being outdoors.
Let Me Introduce You To Francis Gimblett, author of the Gimblett's Guide to The Best of British Cheese, and Co-Owner of Taste of the Vine, an Interactive Food and Drink Events Business. ,
Season 3, Ep. 3
Let Me Introduce You to Francis Gimblett, Author of Gimblett's Guide to the Best of British Cheeses, and co Owner of Taste of the Vine, an interactive food and drink event company.Francis and I met in Spring 2021 when I joined one of his monthly Friday evening meet the cheesemaker tasting sessions. I learned so much and loved meeting the cheesemakers. I told other people and very quickly was joined on screen by 10-12 friends each month ....My copy of Francis book , Gimblett's Guide to the Best of British Cheeses has become very well thumbed and through it i have tracked down cheesemakers around the UK and even found a cheesemaking course in Tottenham, London inspired by him.He is a great story teller so i know you will enjoy hearing about :his journey in food and drinkpeople who have inspired or encouraged himhis French mother's cooking and how that added to his food journeyhow he has for many years, resisted repitition and always desired change, t learn or to reinvent things BUT how possibly now after almost 2 years of constant change, he my just be happy for a little more predictability for a while we talk about work life balance and partnering in business with his wifeabout the importance of understanding your P&L and planning for your business right from Day 1 we also get a hint or two about his next taste adventure....I cannot wait
Let Me Introduce You To William Chase, Inspirational Food Entrepreneur and Driving Force Behind the Willy's ACV Brand
Season 3, Ep. 2
Let me Introduce you to William Chase, He is a truly inspiring food and drink entrepreneur. His career in farming has seen himas a commercial potato grower, create Tyrells Potato Crisps, then Chase Spirits and now Willy’s ACV a wellness brand with a cluster of new fermented products on their way.He shares that he would love to inspire and encourage others and that his greatest influencers are people who inspire him to try new things,have a go , do something differently, which he is clearly always up for doing himself.Growing up on a very mixed farm with access to the countryside, fresh produce and small scale animal rearing and the most delicious Jersey milk, gave him a foundation to appreciate good food.Recently his interest in fermenting , eating well and having a better overall balance in his life, has led him to adjust his diet and his lifestyle and he is clearly enjoying learning and sharing that journey and what it has taught him with others.I know this episode will leave you feeling so good about how we can produce food in the UK, about changing attitudes to food and wellness and feeling inspired and filled with hope about opportunities to be entrepreneurial too....
Let Me Introduce You to Michelle Berriedale-Johnson, For Many a Guiding Light in the Free From World
Season 3, Ep. 1
Let me Introduce you to Michelle Berriedale-Johnson who for me and many others has been our guiding light on all things ‘free from’.Michelle became interested in dairy free cooking when both her partner and son had dairy intolerances She set up a very early ‘free from' business in the late 80s making dairy free ice cream and meals.She created a newsletter forhealth professionals, then for people with intolerance themselves, Next she launched a magazine, a lot of the information from this and a subsequent website is now available HEREShe created what are now the Free From AwardsMichelle struggled to think of a time when she has stepped outside her comfort zone, not a surprise to me as she is incredibly confident and happy to ‘ have a go’ at lots of things.There is no doubt that she has been pivotal in encouraging many of the producers and manufacturers of free from products in the UK today – to have a go themselves or to constantly strive to improve products they make.