Know a Little More
DTNS host Tom Merritt dives deep into tech topics to help you understand what you need to know about them.
View all episodes
10. About ALOHANet13:24The backbone of nearly every network you use on a daily basis is based on a system designed to be cheap and easy to implement.Featuring Tom Merritt.Full episode transcript here.
9. About Authenticator Apps12:07What if you could have a secure password generated fresh each time you need it? Authenticator apps do just that. Tom explains how.Featuring Tom Merritt.Full episode transcript here.
8. About Collaborative Editing11:30Douglas Engelbart demonstrated how two people connected over a network could work together editing a document at the same time in 1968. It took much longer to see a real product.Featuring Tom Merritt.Episode Transcript available here.
7. About Video Conferencing16:12Video conferencing was a vital method of communication during the COVID-19 pandemic, but it's roots go back much longer than you think.Featuring Tom Merritt.Full transcript here.
6. About RISC-V11:46How did RISC-V grab the attention of nearly every major tech company and what was the need for yet another computer processor architecture? Tom walks you through the history and use case of RISC-V.Featuring Tom Merritt.Full episode transcript found here.
5. About DNS (Rewrite)14:33The Internet's directory was once a simple text file on a single computer but has evolved into many directories world-wide that enable the Internet as you know it.Featuring Tom Merritt.Full episode transcript here.