Joy Found Here
Learning to be Intentionally Selfish with Naketa Thigpen
When was the last time you were intentionally selfish? We are programmed to think that being selfish is always a bad thing, however when we allow ourselves to be selfish when needed, it soon becomes self care.
In this episode, I am so excited to be joined by the amazing Naketa Thigpen. She is the Co-founder and CEO at ThigPro Balance and Relationship Management Institute, author of Selfish: Permission to Pause, Live, Love and Laugh Your Way to Joy, and podcast host of Balance Boldly for Ambitious Women in Business. Within her role at ThigPro, Naketa helps entrepreneurs to become intentionally selfish about their boundaries, and self-care before they pour selflessly into their partners, families and others.
Throughout this episode, Naketa talks about how she turned her personal goal to become intentionally selfish into a business that helps countless other entrepreneurs to do the same. She shares her personal growth journey, detailing the trauma work that she focused on healing, why she had to “divorce herself”, what the mission is with her business ThigPro Balance and Relationship Management Institute, and so much more.
Tune in to Episode 60 of the Joy Found Here podcast to learn from Naketa on how to become intentionally selfish!
In This Episode, You Will Learn:
- What being intentionally selfish means to Naketa (3:01)
- About Naketa’s personal growth journey (8:26)
- Why Naketa says she had to “divorce herself” (20:35)
- About Naketa’s business, podcast, and her book (30:01)
- How Naketa focuses on the positive effects of her childhood trauma (43:22)
Connect with Naketa
- Book - Selfish: Permission to Pause, Live, Love and Laugh Your Way to Joy
- Podcast - Balance Boldly for Ambitious Women in Business