Joy Found Here
Finding Freedom with Forgiveness with Dr. Ronald Ramsey
Are you easy to forgive someone? Or do you tend to hold grudges for long periods of time?
In this episode, I am so excited to be joined by the amazing Dr. Ronald Ramsey. Dr. Ronald is a licensed marriage and family counselor, forgiveness expert, and author of Forty Days to Forgiveness. After retiring from a 25 year old corporate career as an organization development consultant, Dr. Ronald combines his understanding of behavioral sciences, theological studies, and his personal forgiveness challenges in his work.
Throughout this episode, Dr. Ronald talks to me about his background, his key findings around forgiveness, how we find ourselves in a state of unforgiveness, the series of steps that lead us to forgiveness, and much more. Being open to forgive others can be extremely difficult, especially the more severe the betrayal is, but ultimately forgiveness will lead us to freedom.
Tune in to Episode 64 of the Joy Found Here podcast to learn how we can find freedom when we understand the importance of forgiveness Dr. Ronald Ramsey!
In This Episode, You Will Learn:
- About Dr. Ronald’s background (2:44)
- When Dr. Ronald had the inspiration for his book, Forty Days to Forgiveness (7:45)
- The series of steps that lead us to forgiving (12:34)
- About the different coping styles (20:22)
Connect with Dr. Ronald
View all episodes
125. Turning a Brilliant Idea into a Profitable Business: The Story of Billie Kay Asmus40:13What if a solution the market never thought of is in your head? In this episode, Billie Kay Asmus joins us to talk about how she turned a brilliant idea into a profitable business that helped her regain her freedom and spend more time with her newborn. Billie is the Founder and CEO of Repaint Studios and the creator of The Repaint Tray. In 2020, she quit her 9 to 5 and started a small business refinishing furniture; bothered by the plastic waste of traditional paint tray liners, she looked on Amazon for reusable ones. But there were none. A couple of months and several patent searches later, the first prototype of The Repaint Tray was born, but that was just the beginning of her journey. Throughout our conversation, you'll hear all about Billie's journey, from trying to fulfill a need to thinking of a product that didn't exist, attending Venture School, learning to pitch and sell her idea, and then solving the manufacture and distribution logistics. We also talk about Billie's upbringing, the artistic gene in her family, pitching competitions, and much more. Tune in to Episode 126 of the Joy Found Here podcast to learn everything about Billie's exciting adventure as an entrepreneur, problem solver, and inventor. In This Episode, You Will Learn:About Billie's background and upbringing (3:10)How come no one thought about this before? (6:00)Billie shares her experiences in Venture School (11:50)We never forget our first-ever pitch (15:00)Billie explains what is The Repaint Tray about (22:20)Billie's top tips for the inventors out there (31:00)Connect with Billie:WebsiteInstagramTikTokLinkedInLet's Connect:Website
124. The Secret to Turning Sales Prospects into Friends with Jon Sansone53:05Would you like to improve your sales game to the point that people would not only want to buy your product but also become your friends? In this episode, I'm thrilled to welcome Jon Sansone, Founder and Owner of Sales Warrior Inspire, to talk all things sales, how to approach a sales prospect, the most effective conversion techniques, what makes people buy stuff from us, and more. Jon has over 31 years of experience as a Professional Sales Person and is a true Master in the Art of Salesmanship. He is also a Motivational Speaker, Masterclass Instructor, Author, and fellow Podcaster Host of the international comedy podcast School's Out 80's Comedy Storytelling. Throughout this episode, you'll hear Jon's top tips and advice on sales, the details that can turn a sales prospect into a customer and a friend, and why he believes that inspiration is more important than the process in sales. Jon also talks about the results you can get from his 3-day boot camp, why we must learn to manage ourselves through the cracks, what's the warrior vision list, and how it can help you achieve your goals.In addition, Jon explains why we must learn to manage our emotions, his podcasting experiences, the importance of getting used to getting minor yeses, and much more.Tune in to Episode 124 of the Joy Found Here podcast and learn how to become a sales warrior.In This Episode, You Will Learn:Why Jon became so successful in business (3:40)Second attempts generate creates urgency (6:20)Jon talks about how his courses help people become better at sales (10:10)The importance of getting used to getting minor yeses (17:00)Jon talks about his book (24:50)What is a vision warrior list, and how can it help you achieve your goals (35:00)The importance of learning to manage ourselves through the cracks (46:50)Connect with Jon:WebsiteLinkedInFacebookYouTubeBook: Jon Sansone - SALES WARRIOR: Inspiring Better Futures in Business for Sales and Business Professionals by Providing Tools for Mental Manifestation.Let's Connect:Website
123. Unleash Your True Inner Power: Insights from Coach Queen Soheir45:42Do you want to eliminate the habits that stop you from transforming into the unapologetic version of yourself? In this episode, the extraordinary Coach Queen Soheir helps us look closer at the foundations of our subconscious mind. She is a Certified Performance and Leadership Coach and Hypnotherapist, passionate about helping ambitious believers master their purpose and serve at their highest level. Using her unique blend of faith, spirituality, and neuroscience, Coach Queen helps her clients shatter their limiting beliefs, be fulfilled by their success, and be unapologetically themselves. Throughout this episode, you'll hear about Coach Queen's background story, her passion for human design, and what we can accomplish by working on our subconscious minds. Coach Queen Soheir also talks about balancing our masculine and feminine energy, how to protect our precious feminine energy, and why the more we let go, the more powerful we become. Additionally, we learn to check our ego at the door for more efficient hypnotherapy sessions, how to declutter our minds, and much more.Tune in to Episode 123 of the Joy Found Here podcast and eliminate the limiting beliefs that keep you from becoming your best version. In This Episode, You Will Learn:A bit about Coach Queen's background (2:10)Female bodies are portals of creation (7:10)How to hold and protect your feminine energy (14:50)The moment you learn to let go, you become more powerful (17:50)How hypnotherapy can help you make radical changes in your life (26:00)Coach Queen talks about how she started with hypnotherapy (31:10)How to check your ego at the door before a hypnotherapy session (32:00)Learn to declutter your mind (37:20)Connect with Coach Queen Soheir:WebsiteInstagramYouTubeLet's Connect:Website
122. Choose Yourself First! From Self-Abandonment to Self-Expression with Megan Gibson44:09Does your external world feel in alignment with who you indeed are? In this episode, I welcome the inspiring Megan Gibson, who joins us from the other side of the pond to talk about self-expression, how to put ourselves first without feeling guilty, and the gratifying (yet arduous task) of finding, expressing, and living our life under our true nature's rules. Megs is an Alignment Coach, Writer, and fellow podcaster Host of the Freed To Be You podcast. As an expert in self-actualization, Megan helps women over 40 rediscover who they are and go from Self-abandonment to Self-expression. Throughout this episode, Megan talks about her self-discovery journey and the challenges and lessons that transformed her life and gave her a new purpose, career, and perspective of the world. We also talk about the importance of choosing ourselves first, guilt-free, Megan's coaching style, her podcast, and much more. Tune in to Episode 122 of the Joy Found Here podcast and let Megan tell you why you should choose yourself first and be aligned with your true nature.In This Episode, You Will Learn:Megan shares a bit about her life and how she became who she is (3:00)Why you must stop shoulding all over yourself (7:40)Megan talks about the 180° change in her life (12:20)We are changing constantly, and we must learn to deal with that (17:00)Megan becomes an alignment coach (19:00)Freed To Be You, how it was born, and what is all about (24:10)Megan talks about a surprising discovery she made about herself throughout her journey (33:30)Connect with Megan:LinkedInInstagramListen to the Freed To Be You podcast!Let's Connect:Website
121. Eat Your Way In Your Perfect Body with Kelly Modzy52:18Aren't you tired of struggling and stressing out to get in shape? How about a stupid simple option? In this episode, I'm thrilled to welcome Kelly Mozdy, the Macro Coach, to discuss stupid simple options to get the body you want while eating the things you like and without exhausting and time-consuming workouts. Kelly is a Certified Wellness and Health Professional, Registered Ultrasonographer, Macro Coach, and the Founder of Kelly Kounts Macros. She is passionate about helping men and women get their dream bodies, achieve health goals, or develop a healthy relationship with food. Throughout our conversation, Kelly explained what a macro coach does, what it means to count macronutrients and debunk the myths around carbs intake, "good" or "bad" fat, and clean protein sources. She also explains the benefits of educating ourselves on the quality and quantity of food we consume, the advantages of pre-planning meals, and keeping things stupid simple. We also discuss why it is harder to maintain weight after losing it, why we shouldn't be afraid of fruits, rewiring our brains to modify our relationship with food, and more. Tune in to Episode 121 of the Joy Found Here podcast and start caring for your health today! Trust me, motivation will follow.In This Episode, You Will Learn:What brought Kelly to the counting macros world over ten years ago (3:20)Aim for a calorie deficit; the only way of losing weight (9:30)What's a myth and what's true about protein, carbs, and fat consumption (10:40)The advantages of pre-planning your meals (18:30)If you love exercising, great; if you don't, it can be done too (24:10)A million-dollar tip for wine drinkers (29:40)Why we shouldn't fear fruits (34:10)Resources:My Macros+ appConnect with Kelly:WebsiteInstagramLet's Connect:Website
120. You Can Revamp Your Life. A Mindset Makeover with Libby Robertson34:12Regardless of the circumstances you want to change in your life, your mind can be your savior or biggest saboteur; the choice is yours.In this episode, I'm joined by the amazing Libby Robertson, Business and Mindset Coach, Author, and Founder of two successful businesses, Parradiigm and SOSHA (School of Spiritual Healing Arts). A rude awakening in a hospital bed made Libby have a serious conversation with herself; she knew she had to revamp her life, so Libby changed the only thing she needed to modify to have a new life: her mindset. Throughout this episode, Libby talks about her rude awakening wearing a neck brace in a hospital bed, the moment she heard her soul making a statement, and the pleasure of confirming what she already knew for a long time: radical change is possible if you put your mind into it. You'll also hear about manifesting your financial success, Libby's two businesses, how it is for her to work with her husband, and much more.Tune in to Episode 120 of the Joy Found Here podcast to hear how Libby made a 180° change in her world using nothing but the power of her mind.In This Episode, You Will Learn:A bit about Libby's background (3:10)When crazy nights get too wild (5:00)Seven and a half years later, Libby keeps thriving (8:00)Libby talks about her lifetime obsession with personal development (14:10)How to accidentally manifest the love of your life (20:30)How it is for Libby to work with her husband (23:00)Libby talks about her two businesses and the value they bring (29:30)Connect with Libby:InstagramFacebookLibby's linktr.eeParradiigm websiteSOSHA websiteLet's Connect:Website
119. Unlock Your Intuition and Recognize Signs and Messages from the Beyond with Brandi Van38:48Have you ever felt a butterfly was trying to show you something, a license plate saying precisely what you need to hear, or a song on the radio answering a question you've been asking for days, and it felt like someone was trying to tell you something?In this episode, Brandi Van invites you to jump-start your psychic abilities. Brandi is a Spiritual Medium and Psychic Mentor on a mission to help people awaken their psychic abilities and find their higher purpose, abundance, and peace. Minutes after Brandi's grandma took her last breath, Brandi felt in her stomach the connection with her grandma's spirit, and a couple of years later, Brandi's abilities were glowing, fully developed. Throughout our conversation, you'll learn about Brandi's spiritual journey, how she dealt with the awakening of her psychic abilities, and how confusing were her first years as a medium. You'll also hear about "regular people's" psychic potential, Brandi's trauma-healing abilities, spirits' favorite communication channels, and more.Tune in to Episode 119 of the Joy Found Here podcast and get ready to jump-start your psychic abilities. In This Episode, You Will Learn:About the awakening of Brandi's abilities (4:20)The spirits of our loved ones are around us (7:10)A bright white light for spirits and entities (11:30)Can all of us strengthen our intuition? (15:00)About Brandi's confusing first years as a medium (18:40)The link between self-knowledge and psychic abilities (20:10)Brandi talks about past-life traumas and how to heal them (25:00)How can you tell someone is trying to communicate with you (33:50)Connect with Brandi:WebsiteInstagramFacebookLet's Connect:Website
118. A Self-Discovery Journey Through Enneagram Coaching with Chelsie Engle42:11What if I told you nothing about anyone needs to be fixed? No one is broken; they are only experiencing different levels of self-knowledge. In this episode, I'm thrilled to welcome Chelsie Engle, a Certified Enneagram Coach with 10+ years of experience as an Educator and Instructional Coach. After years of struggling with infertility, pregnancy loss, and fertility treatments, Chelsie became a mom. Contrary to what she thought, her struggles were far from over after a severe post-partum depression while dealing with a toxic work environment. A therapist introduced her to the Enneagram universe, and once she understood her type, her entire life changed, she studied the Enneagram for years and became an Enneagram Coach.Throughout our conversation, you'll learn what Enneagram Coaching is and how it can help you improve your self-knowledge and deal with your triggers more efficiently. You'll also hear Chelsie's passion for being an agent of change in people's lives and her love story with Enneagram Coaching. Additionally, you'll discover why emotional struggles create interpersonal conflict, why growth happens when you switch from reaction to curiosity, and much more.Tune in to Episode 118 of the Joy Found Here podcast and let Enneagram Coaching be an agent of change in your life. In This Episode, You Will Learn:A bit about Chelsie's background (2:50)Why Chelsie decided to make a 180° change in her life (7:20)What is Enneagram Coaching (9:10)The importance of self-love and self-care (13:50)Switch from reaction to curiosity (16:10)Anger is an unmet need (24:00)About Enneagram types and their motivators (31:30)How Enneagram Coaching can help you understand why you do what you do (35:20)Connect with Chelsie:WebsiteLinkedInInstagramFacebookLet's Connect:Website
117. How to Change Your World Through Self-Compassion with Rita Desnoyers-Garcia44:10When was the last time you were kind and gentle with yourself? In this episode, I'm joined by the fabulous Rita Desnoyers-Garcia, Spiritual Life Coach, Energy Worker, Channel, and Author. After a major setback in her business (that she started while raising three children), Rita's unworthiness stories hit her harder than ever and took her down a desperation rabbit hole. She tried everything, talked to everyone, and spent countless hours trying to save her business, yet to find the solution, she didn't have to move an inch; it was right inside of her: self-compassion. Throughout this episode, Rita talks about her transformational journey and innate desire to help others, which made her think of becoming a nun, practicing charity, and empowering and supporting stressed-out professional mums. We talk about the importance of actively practicing self-compassion, the meaning of becoming awake, why we spend so much time looking for dangers, and how this practice affects us.Additionally, Rita explains why having a coach is like "having someone cutting the hair in the back of your head," the weight of the lies we repeat in our heads; she talks about her book, "The Self-compassion Project," why most women get stuck in her limiting beliefs, and more. Tune in to Episode 117 of the Joy Found Here podcast to hear from Rita how you can change your world simply by giving yourself a break and being more kind and gentle with yourself.In This Episode, You Will Learn:A bit about Rita's background (3:10)The first time Rita was kind and gentle with herself (8:00)Many women think they must accomplish something to be happy (12:00)"A coach is like someone cutting the hair in the back of your head" (15:20)How to break the cycle of being constantly looking for dangers (20:40)What is becoming aware (30:30)What can you expect from "The Self-compassion Project" (32:50)Connect with Rita:WebsiteJoin the Calm Mom Alliance Facebook GroupRita Desnoyers-Garcia Alignable profileLet's Connect:Website