Career Warrior Podcast
#51) Not Settling as an Older Job Seeker | Dave Watts of Redundancy Podcast
Today, we have an episode about not settling as an older job seeker. I brought on Dave Watts who specializes in job strategies for older workers to find meaningful employment. He is the host of the Redundancy Podcast, which has a solid listener base all over the world. He’s helped many people find work as older job seekers, and I could not have picked a better person to come on the show and do this.
Here's what we cover:
SETTING THE CONTEXT:
- Why is it so hard to get a job as you age?
- What’s the biggest mistake that older job seekers are making with their job search?
- Dealing with discrimination as an older job seeker - what are some ways around this?
- Let’s talk about some best practice job strategies for older job seekers. How are you finding folks can best get the job they actually want (i.e. not settling)?
- The “I’ve done all I can do to get a good job” mindset. How can people get on from this?
Resources Mentioned in the Podcast:
- Connect with Dave here: https://www.linkedin.com/in/davewatts-mba/
- Listen to the Redundancy Podcast: https://www.stitcher.com/podcast/wwwsoundcloudcomuser100657223/the-redundancy-podcast
- Follow Redundancy Podcast on Twitter: https://twitter.com/redundancypcast