Human Restoration Project
97: What *was* lost during the pandemic? Here's how we rebuild our classrooms.
Today, Nick and I are continuing our dissection of learning loss via our Learning Loss Handbook. In part 1, we spoke about the myth surrounding "learning loss" and the dire implications it has on our practice in schools. If you haven't listened in yet, I highly recommend checking out that episode.
In this episode we discuss:
- What was lost during pandemic schooling?
- What actions can we take in order to counteract the problems resulted from an isolated, virtual year(s)?
- How can we take these actions even in districts that don't support progressive actions?
- HRP's Learning Loss Handbook
- 96: Unpacking Learning Loss: The Who, the What, and the Why
- Is Learning “Lost” When Kids Are Out of School? by Alfie Kohn
- Is Summer Learning Loss Real? by Paul T. von Hippel