GZ Chop Shop
Wait There's a Fee? Unpacking Twitch's New fees on Cancellations
Twitch makes the bold move to charge affiliates that decide to leave their program. Is this in response to the wave of creators leaving the platform for those of Kick and Trovo?
Support this show https://www.patreon.com/osnmedia/membership
Be a GZ Chop Shop member at https://plus.acast.com/s/gzchopshop
Visit our website: https://osn-media.com/
Continue the conversation at: https://discord.com/servers/osn-gaming-313019064177917962
Follow us on social media:
View all episodes
141. Xbox gamers beware | Twitch meets Crunchyroll44:18Microsoft makes another major (and questionable) move in the month following the closing of their Activision Blizzard deal. The removal of all third-party controller support including those for disabled gamers. This comes on the heels of the previous announcement that they plan to also remove user-generated game save captures from their servers starting in January 2024, it's been a roller coaster of highs and lows for the Xbox community.►Timestamps00:00 Introduction01:43 Xbox to remove third-party controller support07:42 Recent Microsoft moves10:32 Is Game Pass actually hurting Microsoft?17:59 Kitcaster podcast agency20:25 Twitch and Crunchyroll partnership31:25 GOTY discussion and predictions43:51 OutroSupport the show: Patreon: https://patreon.com/osnmedia
140. Who will claim Game of The Year for 202328:07What are the best games of 2023? In this episode, we discuss player predictions for the upcoming December Game of the Year awards. With 2023 being a strong year for games across the board there is no doubt that the polls will be close this year. What are your thoughts? What game would you like to see take the crown for 2023?Timestamps00:00 Introduction01:07 What is Game of The Year?04:55 Gamer predictions for GOTY18:27 Battle pass saturation20:49 The secret Xbox business model25:38 Final thought/OutroSupport the show: https://patreon.com/osnmedia
139. Microsoft's mistake will cost you22:21Microsoft is causing waves through its Xbox community again with its recent term changes on OCT 1st stating that starting in Jan 2024 game captures uploaded to their servers will start being deleted after 90 days. While it may seem minor to avid gamers, many casual players are furious over the uncalled-for change. What is the reason behind this and will it potentially be rolled back? Or are we seeing the first of many consumer experience changes? We also discuss our hypothesis over Phil Spencer's ambiguous statement regarding game pass and Xbox for 2027.Timestamps00:00 - Introduction02:04 - Microsoft plans to delete game captures in 202405:17 - Microsoft's plans and Game pass 08:58 - What happens if Xbox leaves the industry in 202711:57 - The 90-day deadline13:14 - The removal of collection value14:50 - Calling out the extreme theories18:32 - Microsoft's business tendencies21:04 - Final thoughts
138. The Comeback Kid Called Cyberpunk35:22Cyberpunk 2077 is another game to have a great comeback story. After it's initial rushed launch in 2020, CD Project Red returned and completely revamped the game bringing us the futuristic title we all wanted and that they had originally planned for us. With the recent launch of Phantom Liberty, Night City has never felt so alive.Timestamps00:00 - 12:00 The GZ journey12:00 - 22:18 Cyberpunk 207722:18 - 33:43 Baulders Gate 3/Mechwarrior/Armored Core 633:43 - 34:58 Final thoughtsCheck out our other links:► Website: https://osn-media.com► Audio editing services: https://osn-media.com/podcast-audio-editing► Merchandise: https://www.osnmediashop.com► Patreon: patreon.com/osn-media► Kitcaster: https://kitcaster.com/gz-chop
137. PlayStation Plus PRICE HIKE: Are We Paying Too Much?30:40Have you noticed your streaming services getting more expensive? With the recent price hikes in PlayStation Plus, Disney Plus, and more, it's become harder to keep track of your monthly expenses. Are these streaming services worth their new prices? Find out in our video discussing whether streaming services have become the new cable and if they are worth it. Get the answers you're looking for about PlayStation and other streaming services now!Support the show:Patreon: https://patreon.com/osnmediaMerch: https://www.osnmediashop.com/More links:►Website: https://osn-media.com► Audio editing services: https://osn-media.com/podcast-audio-editing► Merchandise: https://www.osnmediashop.com
136. Starfield Review: Did Bethesda Fail to Deliver?27:36What are your feelings on Starfield? Were you disappointed in what the game had to offer after all the hype? In this episode, we take a closer look at Bethesda's new title and dive into whether Starfield delivered on its promises, or if it was the fanbase that overhyped it. Get ready for an honest critique and discussion – let's see if Starfield lived up to its expectations!Support the show:Patreon: https://patreon.com/osnmediaMerch: https://www.osnmediashop.com/
135. ARMORED CORE VI: What to Expect in FromSoftware's Newest Title29:40Get ready to experience the world of Armored Core VI like never before - it's coming out in less than a month! FromSoftware is back and bringing their famous mech-action series back to life after a 10-year hiatus. Hear our thoughts on this upcoming title and everything it will bring - from fast-paced combat, detailed customization options, and an immersive storyline. Don't miss out on the next chapter of Armored Core VI.► Support this showPatreon: https://www.patreon.com/osnmedia/memb...Be a GZ Chop Shop member at https://plus.acast.com/s/gzchopshopVisit our website: https://osn-media.com/Continue the conversation at: https://discord.com/servers/osn-gamin...►Affiliate LinksWe use Riverside: https://riverside.fm/?utm_campaign=ca...
134. Triple-A Game Developers vs Indie Game Makers: Who Is Winning In 2023?52:40Are Indie games changing the gaming landscape today? From immersive graphics to above-and-beyond storyline arcs, many of these smaller-budget titles are knocking Triple-A games out of the park. Find out why in this exciting video: we explore how indie games are creating more enjoyable player experiences - and why they're winning against major studios who may be more focused on revenue over quality. Get ready to find out why indie games are ruling the gaming world!► Support this showPatreon: https://www.patreon.com/osnmedia/memb...Be a GZ Chop Shop member at https://plus.acast.com/s/gzchopshopVisit our website: https://osn-media.com/Continue the conversation at: https://discord.com/servers/osn-gamin...►Affiliate LinksWe use Riverside: https://riverside.fm/?utm_campaign=ca...
133. How Game Reviews Got it WRONG About Final Fantasy 1650:48Are game reviews ruining potentially good games like Final Fantasy 16? Find out in this video! We'll explore how biased opinions can affect a game's overall score and how did review bombing begin? Get all the details in the latest episode of our podcast.► Support this showPatreon: https://www.patreon.com/osnmedia/memb...Be a GZ Chop Shop member at https://plus.acast.com/s/gzchopshopVisit our website: https://osn-media.com/Continue the conversation at: https://discord.com/servers/osn-gamin...►Affiliate LinksWe use Riverside: https://riverside.fm/?utm_campaign=ca...