Is shareholder voting as transparent as you think it is? Proxymity has the answer
Are companies and issuers doing enough to give their shareholders a voice? In this digital age, could technology be the answer?
In this episode, our host Lindsey Doud sits down with our registration-industry expert, Jai Baker, and guests Andrew Myers and Jonathan Smalley from Proxymity at Citi.
Listen in to hear about the newest Shareholder Rights Directive (SRDII), and what tools are being used to improve transparency in the future of vote flows around the world.
For more information about Link Group, you can access https://www.linkassetservices.com/
You can also connect with this episode’s speakers on LinkedIn:
Jai Baker - https://www.linkedin.com/in/jai-baker-fcis/
Lindsey Doud - https://www.linkedin.com/in/lindsey-doud-52563a5/?originalSubdomain=uk
Andrew Myers - https://www.linkedin.com/in/andrewlmyers/?originalSubdomain=uk
Jonathan Smalley - https://www.linkedin.com/in/jonathan-smalley?originalSubdomain=uk
30. What’s next for the IPO market in London?10:30In this episode, we playback a conversation recorded at London Stock Exchange Studios between Link Group’s Kris Berry-Trow, Steve Playford and Katherine Taylor on IPO trends in London in 2023, and what to expect in the future.If you are considering life on the public markets, and want to find out how the team at Link Group can help you on your journey to success, go to https://www.linkgroup.eu/services/services/initial-public-offering/
29. Social mobility at board level01:03:51What are the barriers to social mobility within organisations? And how they might be overcome in the future to ensure that leadership represents a wider base of society, from all walks of life.We discussed this and more at our recent Ahead event where our very own Steve Playford hosted expert speakers Suzanne Courtney from Aon, Ann Francke OBE from Chartered Management Institute and Ruth Odih from Centrica plc. This session also featured a special introduction from Kathy Cong, Managing Director of Company Matters, where she explained why this topic is so important to her. Ahead is our community for corporate governance professionals, so if you’d like to receive updates regarding industry news, thought-leadership and invitations to our upcoming events from our corporate markets division, you can sign up to this free programme at --> https://www.companymatters.co.uk/ahead/
28. What’s next for company remuneration policy?54:44Listen back to our first Ahead event of 2023 where our very own Gemma Owens welcomed Sonia Gilbert from Clifford Chance, Jeremy Edwards from Baker McKenzie, and Eddie Arcari from D.F. King to an interactive panel session to discuss remuneration trends anticipated in 2023. With 55% of FTSE 100 issuers taking their policies to the vote this year, it really is the year of Rem! Ahead is our community for corporate governance professionals, so if you’d like to receive updates regarding industry news, thought-leadership and invitations to our upcoming events from our corporate markets division, you can sign up to this free programme at --> https://www.companymatters.co.uk/ahead/
27. Is it time to change how we view the AGM?11:39We recently hosted two events for our clients and industry partners to help drive improvements around how companies run their AGM, or any other form of shareholder meeting.Each event featured a brilliant presentation from Maureen Beresford and Kelvin Ernest from the Financial Reporting Council (FRC) on new guidance they’ve issued to help make AGMs more simple, accessible and effective. We therefore decided to sit them down afterwards with our very own Steve Playford so they could share some insights.If you’d like to find out more information about the Financial Reporting Council, their new guidance and more – go to www.frc.org.uk
26. Company Matters, In Conversation With…. (Part 1)43:41This is the inaugural episode of ‘In Conversation With….’. A series of episodes where members of Link Group’s company secretarial team, Company Matters, get under the skin of everything happening in our industry. To kick things off, our very own Michael Conway spoke with two distinguished guests about the role of the Company Secretary from a Non-Executive Director’s (or NED's) perspective. The guests were Louis Cooper, CEO of the Non-executive Directors Association and Liz McMeikan, Senior Independent Director and Remuneration Committee Chair at Unite Group plc, Remuneration Committee Chair at McBride and ESG Committee Chair at Dalata Hotel Group plc.For more insights and to find out more about Company Matters, visit www.companymatters.co.uk
25. Corporate governance mid-year review01:00:00In this episode, we play back highlights from a recent event with where Kathy Cong, MD of Company Matters spoke to Maureen Beresford, Head of Corporate Governance at Financial Reporting Council, and Link Group's Courtney Menzies and Jai Baker about the corporate governance trends and highlights of the year so far, as well as what's to come in the second half 2022.This event was brought to you through our Ahead programme. Ahead is a community for governance professionals to discover new ideas, discuss industry trends and connect with like-minded people. If you’d like to join this free programme, visit https://www.companymatters.co.uk/ahead/
25. Ahead – Busting the myths of Leadership01:01:24In this episode, we play back highlights from a recent event with guest speaker Blaire Palmer. During this session, Agent Provocateur Blaire Palmer, discussed how we can all be effective leaders and examined the many myths of leadership. Blaire has spent the last 22 years coaching and challenging boards and senior leadership teams as they work out how to thrive – and how to ensure their organisations thrive - in these fast-changing times. This event was brought to you through our Ahead programme. Ahead is a community for governance professionals to discover new ideas, discuss industry trends and connect with like-minded people. If you’d like to join this free programme, visit -> https://www.companymatters.co.uk/ahead/ You can also connect with Blaire on LinkedIn at -> https://www.linkedin.com/in/blairepalmer/
24. A year Ahead 202255:48In this episode, we play back highlights from our recent Ahead event where Jai Baker, David Chase Lopes, Sara Kennaugh and Melissa Kittermaster discussed corporate governance trends to expect in 2022 and beyond. Ahead is a community for governance professionals to discover new trends and ideas, discuss industry issues and connect with like-minded people. If you’d like to sign up to become a member of this free programme, you can access https://ww2.linkgroup.eu/ahead/
23. The future of board audit24:00In this episode, Jai Baker catches up with Caroline Emmet from our Company Matters team to discuss board audit reforms underway, as well as sharing practical tips on how companies can adapt to these new rules with ease and confidence.If you want to stay up-to-date with future episodes, you might want to consider subscribing on whatever platform you’re listening to us. And if there’s a topic you’d like to hear us discuss, we’d love to hear from you. You can get in touch at email@example.com