Share plan trends in 2023 and beyond
In this episode, Gemma Owens grabbed a coffee with Link Group’s very own share plan expert Helen Hopkins. The resulting conversation covers insights from Helen’s 35 years of experience, as well as some top tips around some of the changes coming into effect this year to UK share plans, including the introduction of interest rates to Save As You Earn Plans.
If you’d like to find out more and take part in HM Treasury’s call for evidence which Helen and Gemma discussed, you can go to https://www.gov.uk/government/news/employee-share-scheme-shake-up-to-help-boost-growth
You can also reach out to Helen and Gemma any time via their details below.
View all episodes
35. 2023 AGM Season Review with David Chase Lopes23:20Each year, D.F. King Ltd. publish their AGM Season Review report which looks at the highs and lows of the AGM season, unpicks trends in investor voting behaviour and provides unique insight into how the year has played out for European issuers.So in this episode, Link Group's Steve Playford caught up with David Chase Lopes, Managing Director EMEA of D.F. King Ltd to discuss his team's findings and much more.If you'd like to download D.F. King's AGM Season Review, please go to https://www.linkgroup.eu/insights/publications/df-king-ltd-agm-season-review-2023/You can also connect with David at www.linkedin.com/in/davidchaselopesAnd if you'd like to learn more about forthcoming thought leadership events and how to get involved, please go to https://www.companymatters.co.uk/ahead/
34. Lessons from a decade in share dealing11:33Buying and selling shares in publicly traded companies represents a fundamental pillar of our economy, so in this episode Link Group’s very own Kris Berry-Trow sat down with Craig Valentine and Gavin Taylor whose day-to-day role involves exactly that. Their team also celebrated their 10 year anniversary this month; so what better excuse for the dealing experts to share insights from their unique perspective of the financial markets.If you’d like to find out more about our Corporate and Employee dealing team, go to https://www.linkgroup.eu/services/services/share-dealing/
33. Does investor perception really matter?22:26In this episode, you can listen back to a conversation with Paolo Casamassima who heads up our Global Market Intelligence team of Orient Capital, the Investor Relations division of Link Group. This discussion was an opportunity for Paulo to talk about his background, and take us through some of the trends taking shape in the IR industry and beyond.If you'd like to reach out to Paolo, you can connect with him on LinkedIn at - https://www.linkedin.com/in/paolo-casamassima-68380417/You can also find out more about Orient Capital at - https://www.orientcap.com/
31. Are you up-to-date with the changes taking place to the UK Corporate Governance Code?14:07In this episode, Link Group’s very own Steve Playford sat down with David Styles, who leads the Corporate Governance and Stewardship Team at the Financial Reporting Council to talk us through some of the changes underway to the UK Corporate Governance Code, and how you can get involved in their open consultation. If you’d like to find out about the FRC and the changes to the UK Corporate Governance Code taking place, go to www.frc.org.uk And if you’d like to learn more about our Ahead community for corporate governance professionals, you can sign up to this free programme at https://www.companymatters.co.uk/ahead/
30. What’s next for the IPO market in London?10:30In this episode, we playback a conversation recorded at London Stock Exchange Studios between Link Group’s Kris Berry-Trow, Steve Playford and Katherine Taylor on IPO trends in London in 2023, and what to expect in the future.If you are considering life on the public markets, and want to find out how the team at Link Group can help you on your journey to success, go to https://www.linkgroup.eu/services/services/initial-public-offering/
29. Social mobility at board level01:03:51What are the barriers to social mobility within organisations? And how might they be overcome in the future to ensure that leadership represents a wider base of society, from all walks of life.We discussed this and more at our recent Ahead event where our very own Steve Playford hosted expert speakers Suzanne Courtney from Aon, Ann Francke OBE from Chartered Management Institute and Ruth Odih from Centrica plc. This session also featured a special introduction from Kathy Cong, Managing Director of Company Matters, where she explained why this topic is so important to her. Ahead is our community for corporate governance professionals, so if you’d like to receive updates regarding industry news, thought-leadership and invitations to our upcoming events from our corporate markets division, you can sign up to this free programme at --> https://www.companymatters.co.uk/ahead/
28. What’s next for company remuneration policy?54:44Listen back to our first Ahead event of 2023 where our very own Gemma Owens welcomed Sonia Gilbert from Clifford Chance, Jeremy Edwards from Baker McKenzie, and Eddie Arcari from D.F. King to an interactive panel session to discuss remuneration trends anticipated in 2023. With 55% of FTSE 100 issuers taking their policies to the vote this year, it really is the year of Rem! Ahead is our community for corporate governance professionals, so if you’d like to receive updates regarding industry news, thought-leadership and invitations to our upcoming events from our corporate markets division, you can sign up to this free programme at --> https://www.companymatters.co.uk/ahead/
27. Is it time to change how we view the AGM?11:39We recently hosted two events for our clients and industry partners to help drive improvements around how companies run their AGM, or any other form of shareholder meeting.Each event featured a brilliant presentation from Maureen Beresford and Kelvin Ernest from the Financial Reporting Council (FRC) on new guidance they’ve issued to help make AGMs more simple, accessible and effective. We therefore decided to sit them down afterwards with our very own Steve Playford so they could share some insights.If you’d like to find out more information about the Financial Reporting Council, their new guidance and more – go to www.frc.org.uk