Twice a month, join legendary graffiti artist, fashion designer, and entrepreneur Claudia Gold (Claw Money), on her exploration of different subcultures, and the people that helped create them on “Gold Minds”! Art, Music, Dance, and even Extreme Sports...
29. Episode 29: Museum of Graffiti01:15:17While Miami has cemented itself as the new epicenter for pop art and commerce, the neighborhood of Wynwood within it, may then be the epicenter of street art and graffiti. Sadly "street art," as it were, which can at times be both terrible and awe inspiring, still owes its very existence to graffiti. With it now so dominant, commercial and otherwise, a few individuals dedicated to celebrating the roots of the artform have joined forces to launch the Museum of Graffiti. The brainchild of Alan Ket, Mare 139 (both veterans in the game and international ambassadors of the culture) and their partner, pro-graff attorney Allison Freidin. Dedicated to educating the public, bringing top tier talent and elevating the culture, their journey is still in its infancy. Even during the lockdown, they're working on virtual exhibits and nightly art talks. Give a listen to a pre-pandemic and decidedly more upbeat chat that Claudia recorded a week before lockdown on location in Miami about the museum and its assertions.
View all episodes
28. Episode 28: Kaves01:55:50A true Renaissance Man of art, music and subculture, Kaves aka Michael McLeer, tells of his early days bombing the buses in Brooklyn, break dancing and going on tour with House of Pain. He tells of the rise of his band, The Lords of Brooklyn as well as his new careers: acting and owning a popular, family-run restaurant.
27. Episode 27: Bill Adler01:35:41The inception of Rap Music: NYC, early 80's, writer-publicist, Bill Adler was right there, at the very beginning of Def Jam helping explode the movement worldwide. He talks with Claw about all of it as well as growing up in Motown, writing for the Voice and People Magazine and the cultural significance and future of Hip Hop.
26. Episode 26: April Walker01:07:33The queen of Hip Hop fashion, April Walker gets real with Claw. From early Brooklyn days with Run DMC and Biggie, to huge success with her own company, Walker Wear. This is a strong woman who can tell it like it is and you should listen.
25. Episode 25: CES01:28:48Current Ambassador of NYC Graffiti, CES talks with Claw about his origins in Westchester and the Bronx, crazy old jobs, and “painting all night and racking everyday”. Woah, and then getting his Instagram hacked!
24. Episode 24: Ari Forman02:12:46Guerrilla marketing pioneer and social commentary artist, Ari Forman talks with Claw about growing up wild in 70's Hollywood in an "alternative lifestyle" where Mom showed him porn. Moving to Philly, he had to survive "Warriors" style runs daily, just to get to school, and avoid the gangs. He may also be the king of the cease & desist with his brilliant Menthol 10s sneaker, biting both Nike and Newport at the same time!
23. Episode 23: Pjay01:44:22Real Deal NYC OG and one of graffiti's most infamous writers, PJ talks with Claw about graffiti and gangs, from Chicago to the Bronx, bootlegging T-shirts for 70's bands and taking revenge for getting stabbed in the chest.