Cheraé Robinson, Tastemakers Africa
OUR SPONSOR FOR THIS EPISODE: The Plug
(get $10 off annual subscription to TPInsights with code "unfound")
Cheraé Robinson has one of those personalities. Five minutes into a conversation with her and you quickly realize how people gravitate to her passion instantly. Her company, Tastemakers Africa, is on a mission to change perspectives and perceptions of Africa. As she puts it, Africa is more than a place to volunteer or be in the Lion King. Cheraé was generous to do our podcast in the midst of the Corona virus pandemic. Her startup, with a foundation in travel, is evolving day by day. She wanted to share this season with others, in real-time as the story unfolds.
Cheraé and Dan discussed:
- Benefits and challenges of attending an HBCU
- Lifelong calling to Africa, installed by her family
- Leaving her corporate office the day she knew she wouldn't ever be back
- Dealing with the radical changes required from the COVID-19 crisis
- Discovering our mutual friend Erik Blachford
- Being a black woman founder
Episode Shout Outs:
Helene Gayle, AA Exec legend
MORE on CHERAÉ and TASTEMAKERS AFRICA
Follow Founders Unfound : Like and share - help us grow!