Black Women Founders : Real Talk on the Powerful Events of June 2020
OUR SPONSOR FOR THIS EPISODE: Valence, a new and exciting community built for black professionals
Founders Unfound listeners: get free membership and priority access here
Sign up for the Valence BOOST Challenge: www.valence.community/boostchallenge
In this special follow up from last week's discussion with black men founders, we now bring the viewpoint from the women's perspective. We gathered four accomplished women entrepreneurs to talk startups, fundraising, and the greater context of racial inequality, social justice protests, and the COVID-19 pandemic.
Dan is honored to have Dr. Ivor Horn step in as a special guest host. Dr. Horn is an angel investor and advisor supporting entrepreneurs of color, especially women, in digital health.
In this episode the round table discussed:
- How it feels to be a black woman in America right now (June 2020)
- Moving between exhausted and determined
- Honoring the moment: with voice, intention, and self-care
- The desire to reach back and lift up
- How office hours are a poor substitute for a check
- Cherae's Podcast
- Helen's funding announcement
- Stella's recent panel discussion
- Ashlee's TEDx Talk
- More about Ivor
- George Floyd Memorial Fund
- Black Tech for Black Lives
- BLCK VC #WeWontWait Campaign (go to "Donate" section to find organizations worthy of your time and resources)
- Hidden Genius Project Recommendations
- Black Girl Ventures
Follow Founders Unfound : Like and share - help us grow.