Black Men Founders : Real Talk on the Powerful Events of June 2020
OUR SPONSOR FOR THIS EPISODE: Valence, a new and exciting community built for black professionals
Founders Unfound listeners: get free membership and priority access here
Sign up for the Valence BOOST Challenge: www.valence.community/boostchallenge
In this special episode, Dan brings together former podcast guests from across the US and Canada. These founders process in real-time how they feel -- as black men and as entrepreneurs -- in the wake of the senseless killing of George Floyd and the subsequent protests sparked all around the country. These savvy entrepreneurs and leaders dive into what they think we and others can be doing to address police brutality, racial inequality, and the outcry for justice and social change.
keep it real, as the conversation covers everything from exasperation to optimism, and everything in between.
In this episode the round table discussed:
- How it feels to be a black man in America right now (June 2020)
- What it's like to be a black entrepreneur in the midst of two American crises
- What steps are they taking, in light of the protests, George Floyd, and their own mental health
- Recommendations for others, including allies
- George Floyd Memorial Fund
- BLCK VC #WeWontWait Campaign (go to "Donate" section to find organizations worthy of your time and resources)
- Hidden Genius Project (and the 15 organizations it recommends)
- Black Girl Ventures
Follow Founders Unfound : Like and share - help us grow.