Food Poverty across Ireland: Past, Current and Future Perspectives Symposium
A symposium held on 5 May 2023 at Ulster University's Magee campus.
View all episodes
7. Ruth Harkness12:53Ruth Harkness discusses the work of Little Flowers Penny Dinners, Dublin in feeding vulnerable individuals.
6. Jonny Currie and Karen Mullan24:50Jonny Currie and Karen Mullan, Trussell Trust, discuss their ongoing work in tackling food poverty in Northern Ireland.
5. Sinead Furey17:10Sinead Furey, Senior Lecturer in Consumer Management and Food Innovation at Ulster University, discusses her work in tackling food poverty across Ireland.
4. Conor Heffernan18:14Conor Heffernan, Lecturer in History at Ulster University, discusses healthy eating in 20th-century Ireland.
3. Ian Miller24:57Ian Miller, Senior Lecturer in Medical History at Ulster University, discusses the plight of families and individuals who starved to death due to poverty in early 20th-century Ireland.
2. Caitríona Nic Philibín14:00Caitríona Nic Philibín, PhD candidate at TU Dublin, discusses food and rural schools in 1930s Ireland.