6. Food Glue | Freude Bakes | FG EP01837:32Nicky from Freude Bakes. Find her here... https://www.freudebakes.co.uk/https://www.instagram.com/freudebakes/?hl=enHugely inspired by Christina Tosi of Milk Bar Fame. https://www.christinatosi.com/Milk Bar recipes https://milkbarstore.com/blogs/recipesStephanie reminisces on the Roald Dahl recipe book https://www.waterstones.com/book/roald-dahls-revolting-recipes/roald-dahl/josie-fison/9780099724216We talk about lovely indoor markets at The Garage https://thegaragechilwell.co.uk and despair about cream cheese frosting. Nicky please correct us if we are wrong, but this is the closest I could find to the Käse-Sahne Torte, https://www.quick-german-recipes.com/recipe-for-cheese-cake.htmlShout out to Green's Mill https://www.greensmill.org.uk/ and Fred Hallam Greengrocers https://fredhallam.co.uk/*Nicky's Favourites* Cartwheel Coffee, Beeston and Cityhttps://cartwheelcoffee.com/Squeaky Beaver Poutine, Marketshttps://www.facebook.com/squeakybeaverpoutine/Dirty Chicken, Marketshttps://www.facebook.com/DirtychickenUK/L'oliva, Beestonhttps://www.loliva.co.uk/Sunday Roast at Butcher's Barhttps://www.thebutchersbarandsteakhouse.co.uk/We deep dive into the real value of creative time, and why cake costs what it costs.
View all episodes
5. Food Glue | Coronation Quiche | Pudding Pantry | FG EP01736:36Tom makes coronation quiche, from this recipe, https://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/coronation-quichebut listen on before you rush off to make it. The fabulous Jack Monroe (check out her blog too) has made a more affordable (and sensible version) https://www.theguardian.com/food/2023/apr/29/jack-monroes-cheaper-coronation-quiche-for-the-big-help-out-recipe?CMP=Share_iOSApp_OtherTom and Stephanie eat in at Pudding Pantry, Beeston also available in the city and Sherwood.https://www.thepuddingpantry.co.uk/Brunch, lunch, milkshakes, hardshakes, and they do late nights on certain evenings.Stephanie chats about heading to Mesa, in Hockley https://www.mesahockley.com/Stephanie and Marlow the Whippet visited Gee and Gees at Essen General Store, keep your eyes peeled on Grace's instagram... there may be another coming soon https://www.instagram.com/geeandgees/Tom visited the new Totally Tapped location. Stephanie and Marlow joined too as it's very doggy friendly. https://www.facebook.com/totallytappedmicropub/?locale=en_GB
4. Food Glue | Living Goods | FG EP01640:17We meet Miles from Living Goods.https://www.instagram.com/living_goods_/We record at Essen general store (and Sam joins in at the end)https://shows.acast.com/food-glue/episodes/3-food-glue-essen-special-all-the-cheese-ep003Get your gob on his food at Mesa on April 24thhttps://www.eventbrite.com/e/the-cultured-burger-night-at-mesa-tickets-520382868167Miles started experimenting at Pricky Pear - which you can find at The Golden Fleece, Mansfield Road,https://www.facebook.com/pricklypearnottm/Inspired by Koji Alchemy https://www.chelseagreen.com/product/koji-alchemy/Tom and I snuck in to the pop up at Oscar and Rosie's and it was AMAZING!You can eat Miles's food at Mesa, and see all his busy summer happenings over on Instagram:https://www.instagram.com/living_goods_/*Miles' Favourites*Slice N Brewhttps://www.slicenbrew.co.uk/Kushi Yahttps://kushi-ya.co.uk/Okende, West Bridgefordhttps://www.okende.com/
3. Food Glue | Kitchen Soup | FG EP01537:13No probe jokes please. Pierre Koffman podcast, https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/m001hwtfMarco Pierre White Vs Gordon Ramseyhttps://youtu.be/3s5G1lr61VQStephanie visits Vegetarian Restaurant Cafe Roya https://www.caferoya.com/*Cookbook Corner*Simply Nigella; https://uk.bookshop.org/p/books/simply-nigella-feel-good-food-nigella-lawson/3040037?ean=9780701189358Holly Bell's Granola recipe http://www.recipesfromanormalmum.com/2014/02/19/good-almond-granola/We are in print! Grab a copy of The Beestonian to see our new food feature. https://www.facebook.com/TheBeestonian/?locale=en_GBAvailable in all your favourite beeston spots. See the illustrations https://ko-fi.com/thebeestonian/shopSupport The Beestonian here https://ko-fi.com/thebeestonianTom and Stephanie go to the new Totally Tapped venue. https://www.facebook.com/totallytappedmicropub/?locale=en_GB
2. Food Glue | The DoughMother | FG EP01436:17Mr Marlow in the house. https://www.instagram.com/themrmarlow/ you may here him complaining because he wanted scritches from Uncle Tom. When is a burger not a burger ? Let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org or on instagramStephanie talks of her love for The Blue Parrot Monte Gordo, Portugal, which despite trying her best she called the Green Parrot oops. #iykyk Stephanie also had great cake in Alcoutim, Portugal. Tom and Stephanie visit The Dough Mother, Central Avenue, Beeston https://www.facebook.com/thedoughmother/?locale=en_GBWhich is next to Bee Thai also excellent https://www.beethai.co.uk/Marlow also came to the Dough Mother with us as it's dog friendly. So when you hear Stephanie say "sit down" she's not just being super bossy to Tom. The Dough Mother is a real hidden gem, check them out. Gee and Gees from our last episode (available on all podcast players!) is about to start her pop ups for spring, see her latest posts on insta for the spots. https://www.instagram.com/geeandgees/Cookbook CornerJolly's Tater Tots and Tofu. https://www.youtube.com/c/jolly/featuredhttps://youtu.be/8s7saCLTrqkThe Best Tofu, https://tofoo.co.uk/ you can see their straight to wok options here. Tom drinks Camomile and Mint tea from Happy Leaf. https://www.happyleaf.co.uk/Stephanie has this no-fuss tea strainer https://www.happyleaf.co.uk/product-page/the-royal-tea-strainerHelp us collate our songs that talk about food. Send us your songs on instagram/FB or email email@example.com https://open.spotify.com/playlist/7q2hbXigvEelSaUcFqFyWb?si=LPnRIQDAQeGC_n65lU-TFw&pt=d7a4c374cb29c0f71756788b640f2b44I do some singing and Liam will be very impressed that I'm actually in tune.. I think.Stephanie talks about her home coffee set up, with her new grinder which she got second hand from Greenhood (episode 7) and visits Wired on Wheels (at colwick lake) https://www.facebook.com/wiredonwheels/ then raves about her fave beans from Girls who Grind https://girlswhogrindcoffee.com/pages/the-rebellion
1. Food Glue | Gee and Gees | FG EP01330:49Gee and Geeshttps://www.instagram.com/geeandgees/?hl=encheck out Instagram for where Grace is next, Stephanie found Gee and Gees at Sherwood vegan markethttps://www.instagram.com/sherwoodveganmarket/?hl=enGrace uses local flour for her noodles from Nottingham Mill Coop:https://www.instagram.com/nottingham_mill_coop/?hl=en-gbGreen's Windmill https://www.greensmill.org.uk/Stephanie mentions Tahini Drizzled fruit from her most used cook book A Modern Way to Cookhttps://annajones.co.uk/books/modern-way-cookGrace loves Prad Thai, hear about them here:https://podcasts.apple.com/gb/podcast/food-glue-prad-thai-fg-ep011/id1636288864?i=1000590021257Her favourite market is The Garage Chilwell.https://thegaragechilwell.co.uk/Grace talks about her pop up at Essen, Fingers crossed for some morehttps://podcasts.apple.com/gb/podcast/food-glue-essen-special-ep003/id1636288864?i=1000575358855You can buy Gee and Gee's nationwide!https://gee-and-gees.myshopify.com/ or gab a jar at Essen.Grace has a portfolio career and also works athttps://stonebridgecityfarm.com/ if you go and checkout the cows and gardens let us know.*Grace's favourites*Hand pulled noodle place in town (no link!)Slice n brew https://www.slicenbrew.co.uk/At markets:Batched Bakehousehttps://batchedbakehouse.co.uk/ The Jam Ladyhttps://www.facebook.com/thejamlady50/*Grace's Cook book*https://thehappyfoodie.co.uk/articles/10-dishes-youll-discover-in-ixta-belfrages-mezcla/- i can't pronounce that either.We recorded at Greenhood episodehttps://podcasts.apple.com/gb/podcast/food-glue-greenhood-coffee-ep007/id1636288864?i=1000581394665Stephanie thinks this was the recipe she's still winging a frittata from since 2014! https://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/spinach-pepper-frittataPlease rate and review us on your favourite podcast player.
12. Food Glue | Festive Special | FG EP01250:20All things Xmas and winter....Christmas day dessert... What ya having? Does Jelly have a place at Christmas?I bought all my Xmas cake ingredients from Madhouse Nutcentre:https://www.facebook.com/Madhouse-Nutcentre-1486162674975232/Tom gets his meat from Harkers Farm shop:http://www.harkersfarmshop.co.uk/All the Christmas wine and cheese from Essen General Store:https://www.essen-generalstore.co.uk/Stephanie takes her family to Lombardos on Christmas Eve:Episode https://open.acast.com/public/streams/62de6715d162f80012d4a62e/episodes/6368e27791c0c5001322a348.mp3https://www.lombardoslasagne.com*Cookbook Corner*Nigellas Christmas https://www.wob.com/en-gb/books/nigella-lawson/nigella-christmas/9780701183226?gclid=CjwKCAiAkrWdBhBkEiwAZ9cdcNIXTDO1N2Ak8eQUs1nKAwEKgQbVH8PSSPDzCiqoWLlb1RuzeWAv6BoCazAQAvD_BwE#GOR001595614Pippa Middleton Celebrate https://www.wob.com/en-gb/books/pippa-middleton/celebrate/9780718176785?gclid=CjwKCAiAkrWdBhBkEiwAZ9cdcD_BD0pg9qN5UjUiuwOvSU_I7P_57ckclHrSBQBt83oMgxCmpHkLWxoCbycQAvD_BwE#GOR004550898Run, walk or jog parkrun. If you are listening to this on release, there are similar vibes at New year's day parkrun . https://www.parkrun.org.uk/special-events/Avoid Xmas chat jump straight to 40:00 mins for Totally Tapped (Insta or web)