Snappy Kraken with Robert Sofia | E236
Jason Pereira talks to Robert Sofia, CEO of Snappy Kraken. The company is a well-known platform in the advisor community for helping advisors market their business through social media and other venues.
- 1.32: Robert's love was in marketing and in 2009 he launched his first marketing consulting firm for advisors. He scaled that up to serving about 800 advisors at its peak. It was a good business, but it was all services.
- 2.30: Financial advisors offer tremendous value. They can do so much for people, but most don't know about them, and most advisors aren't marketers.
- 3.18: Financial advisor industry had a really tough time in understanding or at least wrapping their head around organic marketing and bringing people into that, says Jason.
- 5.46: Technology and content are two things to build relationships at scale to get entire 97% of the opportunity.
- 8.07: Your contact list is your most powerful asset. Your contact list is the thing that is going to become all your future business, says Robert.
- 12.00: Robert talks about the use of canvas the feature that they have added in the last 12 months.
- 13.44: Robert says that they wanted to create a way that advisor could send a broadcast message to all of their clients or all of their prospects individually.
- 15.23: We are trying to enable real time authentic communication in a way that scales for the advisor, says Robert.
- 17.41: We knew the only way to truly serve advisors was to also help them with their branding websites...
- 18.44: Our plans are to create one seamless branding website and marketing experience that is of the very best quality available in the industry but still price accessible, says Robert.
- 21.36: Robert talks about the onboarding process for an advisor. What is the time commitment, how much effort they put into in on a weekly basis and how much of it is on them and how much of it is just provided?
- 23.45: Robert has got two companies that he is integrating right now. He is actively engaged in the integration that will impact the industry.
- 26.06: When you are going down a path and everything changes, you got to immediately adjust with that is very challenging and it's something that challenges us every day, says Robert.
3 Key Points
- Robert shares how he is scaling marketing for advisors effectively and how are they solving marketing problem for many?
- When you go out into Snappy Kraken to find campaigns you want to use, you can choose based on two things. It's who is the audience and what is the goal.
- Recently Robert went through an acquisition, and he picked up a company called advisor websites. He talks about the logic and thinking about that acquisition and what he plans to do with it.
- "If we can help advisors serve more people with financial planning, that means better outcomes for everyone people." - Robert
- "Most advisors don't think about growth and scaling correctly. What they think is "I just need more leads and how can I get more leads." - Robert
- "Often we are so caught up in the moment of either success or rejection and failing to realize the absolute truth." - Jason