Park Place Payments with Samantha Ettus (CEO) | E94
In this 94th episode of Fintech Impact, Jason Pereira, award-winning financial planner, university lecturer, writer, and host interviews Samantha Ettus, Founder and CEO of Park Place Payments, a company that markets and distributes payment solutions to small businesses around America. Samantha explains her background in media and as an author, how and why she built Park Place Payments, and the ways she has enabled a work staff that has needed opportunities.
● 00:26: – Samantha Ettus explains Park Place Payments.
● 01:35: – What is Samantha’s career history?
● 06:42: – Samantha explains what is involved in payment processing.
● 11:12: – What is involved on the tech side of Park Place Payments?
● 13:08: – How has Samantha established such incredible growth in her business?
● 15:47: – What type of work-life balance has Park Park Payments provided its work staff?
● 19:37: – What has been the feedback from people Park Park Payments has hired?
● 22:18: – If there is one thing she could change about her industry, what would it be?
● 23:00: – What has been the biggest challenge to get where she is at?
● 24:30: – What gets Samantha excited and in a rush to wake up in the morning?
3 Key Points
1. Park Place Payments has a sales force of about 100 account executives that sell to their local communities. This sales force will expand to 1000 by next year.
2. Park Place Payments aims to keep clients for 10-20 years. The industry average is turning over payment processors every three years.
3. Park Place Payments uses Elavon on the backend tech side of their business. Elavon also powers Costco.
● “I launched a payment process company that offers a rate card, which, hard to believe in this industry is rare. We have one rate card. We don’t negotiate. We offer fair rates, the first time.” – Samantha Ettus
● “One of the things that makes us super unique is our sales force, which is made up of people who typically have not been in the payments industry before. So, I have called them from other industries.” – Samantha Ettus
● “The worst thing in the world when you run a business is to have something that falls apart or goes wrong and there is no one there to fix it.” – Samantha Ettus
● Facebook – Jason Pereira’s
● LinkedIn – Jason Pereira’s
● FintechImpact.co – Website
● samanthaettus.com - Website
● Samantha Ettus: Linkedin Instagram Twitter Facebook
● parkplacepayments.com - Website