The Negro Leagues Past, Present, and Future and its Continued Impact on the Socio-Economic Landscape of America with Bob Kendrick
‘America has rolled by like an army of steamrollers. It's been erased like a blackboard, rebuilt, and erased again. But baseball has marked the time.’
James Earl Jones speech during Field of Dreams summarized things perfectly.
In honor of black history month, I am thrilled to be joined by the President of the Negro Leagues Baseball Museum: Mr. Bob Kendrick.
Where we discuss the role the Negro Leagues had, and continue to have, in shaping the socio-economic landscape of America.
Stay connected with Bob & the museum at:
View all episodes
8. Breaking Down The Bond King with Mary Childs44:18When you hear bonds, what's the first thing you think of?For most of us its those brown pieces of paper that we used to get for life’s milestone events with the promise that in 30 years the US government would give you X amount of dollars back with interest.Unexciting as bonds seem, there is a whole other world for fixed income:where bonds trade like stocks…where you can invest in everything from government or corporate debt to federally backed mortgagesIts a fascinating side of finance that is easily overlooked by many, but yet so critical to the functioning of the world economy.On today’s show we are joined by Mary Childs, author of the book: The Bond King, which tells the story about legendary bond investor Bill Gross and how he made a market, built an empire, and then lost it all…You can follow Mary on Twitter: @MDC /You can follow us on Twitter: @Financial_ReconIf you like this show please be sure to subscribe and share it!
7. The Inflation Reduction Act with Dr. Lisa De Simone & Dr. Bridget Stomberg41:42The Inflation Reduction Act!Its been in the headlines, but how does it impact us all?Helping to break it down for us in their fun way are the ladies from the Taxes For the Masses Podcast: Dr Lisa De Simone & Dr Bridget Stomberg.You can follow Lisa & Bridget on Twitter: @TaxesMasses or by visiting their website: www.taxes-for-the-masses.comYou can follow us on Twitter: @Financial_ReconIf you like this show please be sure to subscribe and share it!
6. The Real Read on Retail with Jan Rogers Kniffen45:45On today’s show we are joined by Jan Rogers Kniffen, CEO, of J Rogers Kniffen World Wide Enterprises. Many of you are familiar with Jan’s work as he is frequently sought for his commentary and insights by the business channels on the retail sector.In this episode Jan expounds upon his always enlightening analysis, and provides us a glimpse of the present & future of retail as well as the status of the American consumer.You can follow Jan on Twitter: @JRogersK or by visiting his website: www.jrkwwe.com/You can follow us on Twitter: @Financial_ReconIf you like this show please be sure to subscribe and share it!
5. The Happiest Place on Earth? A Look Inside Disney’s Tax and Non-Tax Battle with the State of Florida with Dr.'s Nathan Goldman & Christina Lewellen26:22On today’s show we are joined by Professor’s Nathan Goldman & Christina Lewellen from NC State’s Poole College of Management. Nathan & Christina recently wrote a fantastic piece entitled ‘’The Happiest Place on Earth? A Look Inside Disney’s Tax and Non-Tax Battle with the State of Florida’ and were gracious enough to stop by to help us to get a better understanding of the financial impact of Florida’s actions against Disney, and what to look for next in this ongoing saga.Article: https://poole.ncsu.edu/thought-leadership/article/the-happiest-place-on-earth-a-look-inside-disneys-tax-and-non-tax-battle-with-the-state-of-florida/You can follow us on Twitter: @Financial_ReconIf you like this show please be sure to share it!
3. Talkin Taxes with the TaxGirl! Kelly Phillips Erb56:29It's Tax Time! and who better to discuss this with than the TaxGirl! Kelly Phillips Erb!Where we dive into a wide array of topics: changes in 2022, the infamous Enhanced Child Tax Credit Letters, and why burnout amongst tax professionals is very real...Follow Kelly at:Twitter: @taxgirlhttps://www.taxgirl.com/https://news.bloombergtax.com/tax-insights-and-commentary
2. Outlook 2022 with Ryan Detrick45:00He's back! LPL Chief Market Strategist: Ryan Detrick!Where we dive into everything going on in the markets and economy and how that can impact you.Ryan Detrick: @RyanDetrickhttps://lplresearch.com/
1. How to Put People First in a Digital World w/Mike Erwin40:32Happy New Year! & Welcome to Season 2 of the Financial Recon podcast!Each year we all look for ways to start off the year improving:Whether it be going to the gym, or signing up for a class, the opportunity to start anew, rekindles our spirit to grow.But lately with all the digital obstacles out there how are leaders to create such a culture of personal growth?In this episode I am pleased to be joined by Mike Erwin, co-author of Leadership is a Relationship, who taps into his breadth of experience as a: Army Veteran Executive Director & founder of Team RWB CEO of the Character Center & Co-Founder of the Positivity ProjectTo share lessons on how leaders can put People First in the digital world!You can pick up Mike's new book here: https://www.amazon.com/Leadership-Relationship-People-First-Digital/dp/1119806135& continue following Mike's work on the following platforms:Twitter:@ErwinRWB@CharacterCenter@PosProjectWeb:https://characterleadership.center/https://posproject.org/https://www.teamrwb.org/
24. Hope for the Holidays with Joey Powell27:51In the final episode of season 1, I want to focus on the spirit of the season and introduce you to an organization that is doing some fantastic work in the Triangle region: Me Fine Foundation And joining us from Me Fine is their executive director, Joey Powell.Joey, shares with us the role Me Fine plays in helping families, as well as ways you can help out non-profits.Thanks for listening &Wishing you a Happy Holiday from my family to yours!Me Fine Foundation: https://www.mefine.org/