Fearlessly Failing with Lola Berry
This is a podcast about failure with author, nutritionist and yoga teacher, Lola Berry.Here we will get to know these guests and learn how their failures have ultimately helped shape their dreams.Follow Lola Berry on Instagram: @yummololaberrywww....
243. Fearlessly Failing: Learning Improv with Sean Will48:46Meet my improv teacher Sean Will. He’s a very cool soul, he’s open, honest and hard working. Having worked in commercials, TV, film and he’s even acted in a Taylor Swift video. In this chat we not only talk about Sean’s success but we deep dive into improv and uncover some of the classic improv rules that can most defiantly be applied to life, there’s not need to be into comedy to get something from this chat. Improv rules we breakdown in this chat are: 1. Listen 2. Yes, and 3. Support and trust 4. Always assume that you know. In improv the only wrong move is no move.p.s if you’re in LA Sean is part of an improv group called “Lemon Pepper Wet” keep an eye out for them when you’re in town! More about Sean here… Website: https://www.iamseanwill.com/Insta: https://www.instagram.com/imseanwill/Big love, Lola Berry, your Fearlessly Failing host! Follow Lola Berry on Instagram: @yummololaberrywww.lolaberry.comwww.lolacoffee.co
View all episodes
242. LA Life Diary13:20Welcome to the "LA Life" episode; each Friday I’m going to do a little check-in, or a bit of a diary entry if you will. I’ll let you know what we’ve been up to in LA. I’ll also answer any questions you may have so I invite you to DM me on insta if you’d like me to cover a specific topic on the Friday check-in. Health, wellness, yoges, LA things.. Anything you'd like really. These episodes will be shorter, more like 20 mins, so they should be a nice easy listen. Hope you enjoy them, as always the goal is to inspire you to go after whatever is true for you. That dream that nobody knows about, but you. The Monday episode will continue as usual, this is just an add-on. Think of it as diary entry check-in kind of vibe. Big love from LA,Lola Follow Lola Berry on Instagram: @yummololaberrywww.lolaberry.comwww.lolacoffee.co
241. Sam & Lola in LA LA LAND - Talk Shows!01:01:58Get ready for a behind the scenes sneaky peek into all that goes on behind the scenes on a talk show. Sam has been on the sets of some of the biggest tall shows in the world; Ellen, James Cordon and Jimmy Kimmel (and yes he even has the merch to prove it)! Get ready for a few spoilers and interesting talk show facts.We also unpack the wonderful wold of TV hosting and presenting. We talk about how to master in-ear and autocue as well as why it’s handy to imagine that you’re talking to your beloved dog when you’re on set.If you have a fear of public speaking then we share a few secrets to help you master this beast that people fear more in the world than anything else. Legit, public speaking is considered to be most common fear in the entire world.Voiceovers are a whole other skill set and both Sam and I have had very different experiences with. Get ready for some fun voiceovers on the spot!LINKS:- Behind the scenes of Guardians of the Galaxy: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uPa1d8ygmo8 - Jimmy Fallon Calvin Klein shoot: https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2558809/Jimmy-Fallon-Calvin-Klein-model-Newly-uncovered-image-shows-TV-host-flaunting-boyish-good-looks-decade-old-fashion-campaign.html - Sam V/O reel: https://www.samkennedy.tv/landscapesSam insta: http://www.instagram.com/samrken - Lola insta: https://www.instagram.com/yummololaberryThanks so much for your support on this pod; please leaves us any questions below!
240. Fearlessly Failing: Sustainable farming with Olivers Hens32:04Meet Oliver Bora of Olivers Hen's. What a legend, I first met Oliver at the Mullumbimby farmers markets. After becoming a huge fan of his ethical and sustainable eggs i wanted to know his story and after a bit of googling i quickly learnt that he started his business in year 11 at 17 years old via crowdfunding. He started with 450 hens, a caravan and space at his school. Cut to today; he has over 2000 happy hens, 3 caravans and is based at The Farm in Byron Bay. Oliver is a very cool human, in this chat he breaks down the difference between free range, paister raised, and organic eggs, so next time you're out shopping you'll be able to support sustainable and ethical farming, after all we get to vote with our dollar. Oliver is smart, talented, driven, kind and passionate about sustainable and ethical farming. It makes me really excited that this is our future. Learn more about Oliver's Hens here: https://thefarm.com.au/olivers-hensFollow him on insta here: https://www.instagram.com/olivershens/Big love, Lola Berry, your Fearlessly Failing host! Follow Lola Berry on Instagram: @yummololaberrywww.lolaberry.comwww.lolacoffee.co
239. LA Life Diary21:00Welcome to the "LA Life" episode; each Friday I’m going to do a little check-in, or a bit of a diary entry if you will. I’ll let you know what we’ve been up to in LA. I’ll also answer any questions you may have so I invite you to DM me on insta if you’d like me to cover a specific topic on the Friday check-in. Health, wellness, yoges, LA things.. Anything you'd like really. These episodes will be shorter, more like 20 mins, so they should be a nice easy listen. Hope you enjoy them, as always the goal is to inspire you to go after whatever is true for you. That dream that nobody knows about, but you. The Monday episode will continue as usual, this is just an add-on. Think of it as diary entry check-in kind of vibe. Big love from LA,Lola Follow Lola Berry on Instagram: @yummololaberrywww.lolaberry.comwww.lolacoffee.co
238. Sam & Lola in LA LA LAND - Health & Wellness01:09:10I know health might not sound like a topic we’d be covering in an entertainment industry podcast, but we’ve always believed, no matter what your career goals are, health needs to be a priority. Health keeps you feeling clear and that you’re putting your best foot forward. Think about it; when you’re healthy you’re sleeping better, you’re less inflamed and you might even be a nicer version of yourself.Lola’s also a trained nutritionist so in this episode Sam gets to grill her on all and any health questions. From sleep hacks to decreasing inflammation in the body to finding balance.Health looks different for everyone and at the end of the day it’s about feeling your best. Of course when it comes to health, like any of us, it’s best to seek the advice of a trained health professional who can look at your case specifically.Talk Points:- Side notes; we both loved seeing Top Gun at the iconic Chinese Theatre; you can just book a ticket like going to the movies back home. Here’s the website I used to book my tickets: http://www.tclchinesetheatres.com/- Here’s the health shop I went to for those full on shots, its expensive but worth at least one visit when you’re in town. Special mention; I also love their vegan taco salad and deep dish pumpkin pie. https://www.erewhonmarket.com/- Guest 1: We get 3 top tips on how to deal with overwhelm from Australian solutions focussed therapist Pettina Stanghon https://www.instagram.com/pettina.stanghon.solutions/- Guest 2: Top UK Performance and wellness coach Harry Jameson teach us how to stay active and focussed when time is limited https://www.instagram.com/harryjamesonpt/We hope you loved this episode; remember we’re doing an “Ask Us Anything” episode so feel free to DM us anything you’d like answered in the ask us anything epSam insta: https://www.instagram.com/samrken/https://www.instagram.com/samrken/Lola insta: https://www.instagram.com/yummololaberry/Big love!
237. Fearlessly Failing: Meditation & Mindfulness with Monaj Dias46:18Manoj is a Buddhist meditation and mindfulness teacher. I think this episode will inspire you to really embrace the things that make us feel more mindful and connected. Manoj openly shares about his journey to date. I ask him to talk about Holotropic breathwork; what it is and what it does. As 2 days before this chat I'd been to one of his breathing classes and I had no idea what to expect but was go smacked by all the different experiences; people were crying, screaming and laughing, it seemed like a huge release. I get Manoj to share some of his Buddist philosophies with us; the tail of the 2 arrows is really interesting and something we can most differently apply in our real life. Here’s a little more about Manoj:- He co-owns Open; a meditation, movement and mindfulness space here in Venice, LA but it’s also a wonderful online place to access mindfulness; they’ve set me up with a code to give you 30 days trial for free that you can do from the comfort of your own home from anywhere in the world. https://go.o-p-e-n.com/LOLA30 - Here’s a link to Manoj’s first book: Still together https://www.amazon.com/Still-Together-Connection-through-meditation/dp/1743796714 - And here’s his insta: https://www.instagram.com/manojdias_/- You’ll hear us talk about our mutual mate Joe Wicks AKA The Body Coach who taught me the term “wobble day.” He’s also been on the pod too, you can listen to that episode here: https://shows.acast.com/fearlessly-failing/episodes/97.fearlesslyfailing-joewicksakathebodycoach- Manoj also mentioned the book The Surrender Experiment by Michael A. Singer, you can check that out here: https://www.booktopia.com.au/the-surrender-experiment-michael-a-singer/book/9781473621503.html Hope you love this ep; Manoj is a sweet soul with a wealth of knowledge. I’ve listened to this ep 3 times now and I learn more and more each time I listen to it! Enjoy my friends! Big love, Lola Berry, your Fearlessly Failing host! Follow Lola Berry on Instagram: @yummololaberrywww.lolaberry.comwww.lolacoffee.co