Fat and Fertile
Why do I use the word Fat?
In this episode of "Fat and Fertile," I share why I use the word FAT in my business and what it means for me both professionally and personally.
I also talk about how we can use the power of language to make real change in the way that fat folks are treated and in the fertility industry.
For more information about Nicola and her work, check out www.nicolasalmon.co.uk
View all episodes
13. How to use research to support you in accessing fertility care15:02Lets look at two ways we can use research to support us in navigating fertility care as a fat personGrab the Fat Fertility Bundle here before Sun 18th Feb 2024
12. Do you need supplements when you want to get pregnant?24:40In this episode we explore the murky world of fertility supplements and what you need to think about, as a fat person, if you decide to use them to support you in getting pregnant
11. Tracking your cycles as a fat person23:12In this episode I'm sharing my experience of tracking my irregular cycles as a fat person and exploring what tools are most useful for cycle tracking. We explore what things you need to be aware of as a fat person so you can track your cycles to support getting pregnant. For more information about Nicola and her work, check out www.nicolasalmon.co.uk
10. Being fat doesn’t cause irregular cycles32:46In this episode of Fat and Fertile, I'm shedding light on the misconception that being fat causes irregular menstrual cycles. I discuss the importance of proper diagnoses, challenging stereotypes, and emphasize the need for inclusive research and healthcare that goes beyond assumptions about body size. Tune in to learn more about the real factors that can impact reproductive health. For more information about Nicola and her work, check out www.nicolasalmon.co.uk
8. What is Fat Positive Fertility?25:13In this episode of "Fat and Fertile," we explore the concept of fat positive fertility and discuss the importance of moving away from restrictive diets and weight loss, advocating for fertility care without BMI limitations, and creating a nurturing environment for individuals in bigger bodies who want to navigate getting pregnant. For more information about Nicola and her work, check out www.nicolasalmon.co.uk
7. Finding a Supportive Fat Fertility Community18:47In this episode of Fat and Fertile, we explore how finding a supportive community can have a positive impact on mental and physical health, especially for folks in bigger bodies who want to get pregnant. I chat about the challenges of finding supportive communities, strategies for finding the right community, and some really great communities that already exist. For more information about Nicola and her work, check out www.nicolasalmon.co.uk
6. The number 1 reason fat folks find it harder to get pregnant19:29On this episode of Fat and Fertile, we're going to look at why being unsupported has such a huge impact on fat folks and getting pregnant. I'll share the 4 ways you might be unsupported right now and some ideas to create the support you need. For more information about Nicola and her work, check out www.nicolasalmon.co.uk
5. Myth: Fertility treatment isn’t for fat folks13:28On this episode of Fat and Fertile, we explore the ideas that fertility treatment is more risky and less effective for fat folks. We dive into where these ideas come from, why they are rooted in anti-fat bias and how you can use the research to advocate for your care. For more information about Nicola and her work, check out www.nicolasalmon.co.uk