The Fan Engagement Pod
Part 1: Digital Fan Engagement & more with Mario Leo, CEO, Result Sports
Episode Seventeen of the Fan Engagement Pod is in two parts, and is a conversation with Mario Leo, CEO of Result Sports, a Platform for Digital Media in Sports. He’s also a UEFA Grow Mentor, and a director of Digital Sports Africa and a University lecturer.
He’s one of the leading experts in digital sports communication, but he’s undoubtedly a leading expert in communications full-stop.
This is part one, which looks at:
- How to generate loyalty via digital
- The role of social media as a way of narrowing choices & generating loyalty for fans, but how it causes damage in other areas of society
- How Mario expects changes to the broadcasting model to escalate over the next few years as a result of Covid19
- How digital hasn’t properly integrated itself into the football club business model, and is still too focused as a broadcast media/comms function
- And how clubs can avoid pitting fans against each other (digital versus in person, abroad versus domestic).
You can join the Fan Engagement Network at faninsights.co.uk/network/join We’re launching some exciting new services for members only soon, so join up.
Episode Links: https://result-sports.com